Building People And Killing Bureaucracy
- Jack Welch: the master leader. Yager, Ed // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/17/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p13
Profiles Jack Welch, chief executive of General Electric Co. in the U.S. Career background; Views towards effective management; Achievements in life.
- Power Player. Green, Paula L. // Global Finance;Jul2002, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p21
Focuses on the career of Jack Welch as chairman and chief executive officer of General Electric. His contributions to the company; Achievements and accomplishments; Influence on the field of business.
- Goodbye, Mr. Welch. Fred, Sheryl Y. // Corporate Legal Times;Sep2001, Vol. 11 Issue 118, pBWB19
Reports the retirement of General Electric Co. Chief Executive Officer John F. Welch Jr. in the United States. Impact of the retirement on the plans to the firm to acquire Honeywell International Inc.; Relationship of Jack with the legal team of the company; Loyalty of Jack to friends.
- JACK WELCH, AVERAGE GUY. Surowiecki, James // New Yorker;12/18/2000, Vol. 76 Issue 39, p45
Assesses the performance of Jack Welch as chief executive officer (CEO) of United States-based General Electric (G.E.). Comparison of Welch with his predecessors; History of G.E.; Creation of shareholder value; Transformation of CEO from bureaucrats into cultural celebrities.
- CEO of the Decade. McClenahen, John S. // Industry Week/IW;11/15/99, Vol. 248 Issue 21, p38
Features John F. Welch, chief executive officer of General Electric Co. Achievements of Welch; Professional attributes; Management strategy used by Welch.
- St. Jack, Pray for Us! Martin, James // America;11/12/2001, Vol. 185 Issue 15, p24
Features former General Electric Co. chief executive officer Jack Welch. His background; Best selling performance of his book `Jack: Straight From the Gut'; Discussion on his achievements.
- Why Welch Wins. Kennedy, Carol // Director (00123242);Jan2002, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p45
Profiles Jack Welch, former chief executive of General Electric. His leadership style; Views on the challenges facing business leaders; Recommendations for leaders who are planning to introduce major change.
- Neutron Jack Steps Down After Two Decades as Head of GE. // Global Finance;Jul2002, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p53
Announces the resignation of Jack Welch as chairman and chief executive of General Electric.
- Teflon Jack Unscathed. Hansen, Fay // Workforce;Dec2002, Vol. 81 Issue 13, p18
Discusses the lifetime compensation package scandal involving former General Electric chief executive officer John F. Welch Jr. in the U.S. Background on the executive benefits received by Welch; Reasons given for the retirement package of Welch; Details on the inquiry launched by the U.S....