Too Little Too Late?
- Jabil Circuit Diversifies And Expands. // Electronic News;02/22/99, Vol. 45 Issue 2258, p36
Deals with the divestiture and expansion moves made by Saint Petersburg, Florida-based Jabil Circuit as of February 1999. Acquisition of the assets of the Formatter Manufacturing organization of Hewlett-Packard's LaserJet Solutions Group; Financial status of Jabil; Executive changes.
- Applied Power spins off electronics business. // Mobile Radio Technology;Apr2000, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p74
Reports plans of Applied Power for corporate spinoffs of electronics from industrial business in Wisconsin. Creation of global supplier in high-growth electronic manufacturing services (EMS) sector; Role of the reorganized company in the EMS industry; Operation of industrial business segment of...
- Week in Review. // Electronic News;11/22/99, Vol. 45 Issue 47, p6
Presents business news briefs related to the electronic industries for the week of November 15-19, 1999. Net sales of Smart Modular Technologies Inc. of Fremont, California for its fiscal 1999 fourth quarter; PainGain Technologies Inc. to divest its microelectronics engineering development...
- SH Steps into IPO World. Ascierto, Jerry // Electronic News;03/27/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 13, p1
Reports that Hitachi Corp. plans to spin off the intellectual property assets of its SuperH microprocessor division as a standalone entity. Plans of the company to launch an initial public offering by the second half of 2000; Appointment of Phil Thomas as head of the firm to be divested;...
- VIA to Spin Off Cyrix; Engineers Depart. Hesseldahl, Arik // Electronic News;03/27/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the plans of VIA Technologies Inc. to spinoff its Cyrix microprocessor unit. Departure of Cyrix engineers from its design facility in Richardson, Texas; Launching of a product from its personal computer microprocessor business; Impact of the spinoff on the operations of Cyrix.
- EDA momentum unabated so far. Erkanat, Judy // Electronic News (10616624);1/15/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2099, p1
Declares that the electronic design automation (EDA) industry showed no signs of slowing its pace in the first days of 1996. Another week of acquisitions, spinoffs and cooperative agreements in January 1996; Mentor Graphics' acquisitions of 3Soft Corp. and Zeelan Technology; Spinoff of...
- News Flash. Romanelli, Alex; Reynolds, Melanie; Brown, Peter; Neely, Liz // Electronic News;4/29/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 18, p28
Presents news briefs on the electronic industries as of April 29, 2002. Plan of Intel Corp. to resume construction of a semiconductor fabrication facility in Leixlip, Ireland; Expected completion of the spinoff of Agere Systems from parent company Lucent Technologies in June 2002; Cooperation...
- The Circuit. Hesseldahl, Arik // Electronic News;02/14/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p20
Presents news briefs from the electronics industry as of February 14, 2000. Planned spinoff of the Special Technologies Group of 3Dfx Interactive Inc.; Partnership formed by Advanced Micro Devices Inc. and Computer Associates International Inc.; Introduction of a supercomputer powered by copper...
- Sony's A/V Spin-Off Marks End Of An Era. Laposky, John // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/2/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the spin-off on audio-visual (AV) products segment of Japanese consumer electronics firm Sony Corp., which closes its longtime domination in the consumer electronics market.