Qualitative research as the cornerstone methodology for understanding leadership
- Sense of stewardship. Covey, Stephen R. // Executive Excellence;Jul97, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on the importance of stewardship in becoming an effective leader of interdependent teams. Differences between stewardship and ownership; Giving up of everything for the common good and interest of the organization; Development of a sense of stewardship through common vision and value...
- The distance of leadership. Coats, Steven C. // Executive Excellence;May98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p14
Dicusses the significance of distance in leadership. Findings of a survey conducted about leadership; Attitudes of people towards their top managers as revealed by the survey; Key in effective leadership.
- Commanding respect. // People Management;02/05/98, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p9
Cites the results of a study on leaders admired by employees, conducted by the Industrial Society.
- Second bananas. Heenan, David A. // Across the Board;Feb96, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p26
Looks at the role of persons who are second in command in various areas. Comments from key persons; How they support the leaders. INSET: Avoiding the Quayle paradox, by D.H..
- Selecting leaders. Williams, J. Clifton // Baylor Business Review;Spring1995, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p9
Discusses factors to consider in selecting leaders. Occurrence of the halo effect; Selection criteria; Recommendations to improve selection decisions.
- Leadership as a calling. Evans, Robert C. // Business Quarterly;Autumn91, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p76
Elaborates on the concept of true leaders and leadership. Leader's motives; Qualities of a true leader; Leadership as a form of heroism.
- The leverage of leadership. Verdon, Ray // Business Quarterly;Autumn95, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p58
Posits that corporate leadership should be leveraged, that is, the collective mind of a team is more effective that each mind singularly. Necessity of leaders throughout the organization; Steps in becoming a leader; Subjective laws of leadership.
- Leadership is a group activity. Hodgson, Richard // Business Quarterly;Autumn95, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p104
Quotes Richard Hodgson on his views on leadership as a group activity. Leadership as a collective, creative and responsible endeavor in organizations.
- Forum exec series begins this week. // Orange County Business Journal;3/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p22
Presents information on the Orange County Forum's plans for its spring Executive Leadership Series which is designed for junior executives. Identification of scheduled speakers; How more details may be obtained.
- Some observations of successful leaders and their use of power and authority. Cangemi, Joseph P. // Education;Summer92, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p499
Presents the author's observations of the use of power vs. authority on the part of successful and unsuccessful leaders with whom he has associated over the last 30 years. The concept of power; Definition of authority; Five relationships that usually generate power for a leader; Examples of...