Qualitative research as the cornerstone methodology for understanding leadership
- Sense of stewardship. Covey, Stephen R. // Executive Excellence;Jul97, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on the importance of stewardship in becoming an effective leader of interdependent teams. Differences between stewardship and ownership; Giving up of everything for the common good and interest of the organization; Development of a sense of stewardship through common vision and value...
- The distance of leadership. Coats, Steven C. // Executive Excellence;May98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p14
Dicusses the significance of distance in leadership. Findings of a survey conducted about leadership; Attitudes of people towards their top managers as revealed by the survey; Key in effective leadership.
- Authentic Leaders. Cashman, Kevin // Executive Excellence;Nov98, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p6
Discusses the essence of leadership. How to develop leadership and enhance effectiveness.
- Measuring charisma: Dimensionality and validity of the Conger-Kanungo scale of charismatic... Conger, Jay A.; Kanungo, Rabindra N. // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Sep97, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p290
Examines the validity and dimensionality of the Conger-Kanungo scale of charismatic leadership. Questionnaire to measure the perceived behavioral dimensions of charismatic leadership; Studies conducted in the United States, Canada and India; Ability to formulate and articulate in inspirational...
- Commanding respect. // People Management;02/05/98, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p9
Cites the results of a study on leaders admired by employees, conducted by the Industrial Society.
- Second bananas. Heenan, David A. // Across the Board;Feb96, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p26
Looks at the role of persons who are second in command in various areas. Comments from key persons; How they support the leaders. INSET: Avoiding the Quayle paradox, by D.H..
- What makes the top brass shine? Edelman, Karen A. // Across the Board;Jan1997, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p62
Outlines the top five qualities that differentiates Corporate Executive Officer (CEO) from lower level managers, based on a study by Dr. Scott Martin.
- Selecting leaders. Williams, J. Clifton // Baylor Business Review;Spring1995, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p9
Discusses factors to consider in selecting leaders. Occurrence of the halo effect; Selection criteria; Recommendations to improve selection decisions.
- The leadership task. // Business Quarterly;Summer91, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p70
Presents an excerpt from the article `The Leader's New Work: Building Learning Organizations,' by Peter M. Senge, which appeared in Fall 1990 issue of `Sloan Management Review' periodical, on the skills needed for the leadership task of challenging assumptions without invoking defensiveness.
- Leadership as a calling. Evans, Robert C. // Business Quarterly;Autumn91, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p76
Elaborates on the concept of true leaders and leadership. Leader's motives; Qualities of a true leader; Leadership as a form of heroism.