Bureaucratic arrogance and profligacy
- AFMA and the GBRMPA should hang their heads in shame. Barker, Grant // Ausmarine;Nov2014, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article regarding the September 2014 issue of the journal on the domination of patrol boats from the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority (GBRMPA) at the East Coast Prawn Fishery north of Cairns, Queensland.
- Coral reefs bleached. // Earth Island Journal;Autumn2002, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p19
Reports on the bleaching of coral reefs around Australia and the Pacific Islands. Result of the coral reef survey of the Australian Institute of Marine Science, CRC Reef and the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority; Percentage of reef area affected; Cause of bleaching.
- REEFGATE: The erosion of scientific credibility under GBRMPA. STARCK, WALTER // Ausmarine;May2010, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p18
The article discusses the negative impact on small commercial fishing industry in the area of the Great Barrier Reef and the 300 criminal convictions of law-abiding recreational fishermen caused by Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority (GBRMPA)'s management. It indicates the breaches of...
- Aussie Reef Crisis Highlights MPA Challenges. Hinman, Ken // Salt Water Sportsman;Aug2003, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p104
Reports on a plan proposed by the Great Barrier Reef (GBR) Marine Park Authority in Queensland that would re-zone a major part of the ocean. Number of living coral species that provide food and sanctuary for fish, and other marine animals in the reef; Percentage of GBR that would turn into...
- More GBRMPA propaganda proved wrong Deliberately misleading or just incompetent? Starck, Walter // Ausmarine;Apr2006, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p15
Focuses on the condition of fisheries in Australia and the claims made by the Queensland Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority (GBRMPA) to justify their methods of reef management. Sustainable level for coral reef fisheries recommended by the World Resource Institute; Misrepresentation of...
- A Warm Teaching Environment. NICOL, JANET // Our Schools / Our Selves;Fall2010, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p87
The article discusses the highlights of English language workshops for Peruvian public school teachers in Lima, Arequipa and Iquitos held in summer of 2010. Part of a teaching brigade sponsored by the Britis Columbia Teachers' Federation, the workshops were conducted by a Canadian team of...
- Proper preparation for 2013 cropping season. Bennett, David // Delta Farm Press Exclusive Insight;1/22/2013, p3
The article reports on the workshops on proper preparation for the 2013 cropping season held in Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi. Harrison Pittman, director of the National Agricultural Law Center, says he was happy with the level of interest among the farmers. Some of the issues discussed in...
- FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY: ENHANCING THE FUNCTIONS OF THE PUBLIC ACCOUNTS COMMITTEES IN TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO. Montano, Danny // Parliamentarian;2009, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p232
The article discusses the Public Accounts Committees (PACs), committees of the Parliament of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago intended to promote government accountability. The PACs supervises the appropriation of funds for public expenditures and the finances of all government-owned...
- ARTFUL LODGER. Hillier, Rose-Marie; Mylchreest, Melissa // Australian House & Garden;Aug2013, p162
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of attending an art workshop.