Hopping on the regulatory bandwagon
- Quick reaction. CULLEN, DAVID // Fleet Owner;May2013, Vol. 108 Issue 5, p42
The article offers views of several executives of trucking original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and suppliers regarding innovations within the trucking industry. Martin Daum of Daimler Trucks North America believes that innovation by manufacturers to meet trucking's challenges is unbounded....
- Gas fizzling. Birdsall, Michelle // Roads & Bridges;Mar2010, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p32
The article focuses on strategies being pursued by the transportation sector to reduce its contributions to harmful greenhouse-gas (GHG) emissions. According to report, almost half of the increase in total GHGs between 1990 and 2006 came from the transportation sector. Several strategies have...
- Calif. case in conservative court. Stoffer, Harry // Automotive News;12/13/2004, Vol. 79 Issue 6125, p4
This article reports that the next round in the auto industry's most important environmental and regulatory battle will be fought in the region of California where President George W. Bush got more than 55 percent of the vote last month. Industry lawyers chose the federal courthouse in Fresno,...
- Want to Save Fuel? // Fleet Equipment;Aug2001, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p8
Focuses on fuel consumption of long-haul trucks that idle overnight.
- Tomorrow's trucks may be brawny but lightweight. // Automotive News;7/11/2011, Vol. 85 Issue 6472, p42
The article speculates that future pickup trucks will shed about 1,000 pounds to increase fuel economy, but will retain their current size and capabilities.
- A tale of two oils. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;Nov2012, Vol. 107 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on the PC-11, proposed category (PC) for oil services for heavy-duty motor oils released by the American Petroleum Institute (API). Topics discussed include requirement to meet greenhouse gas (GHG) reductions and corresponding miles per gallon (mpg) increases for commercial...
- downspeeding. BIRKLAND, CAROL // Fleet Equipment;Nov2015, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p37
The article focuses on improving fuel economy with the use of integrated powertrains and reducing engine speed. Topics discussed include matched vehicle components offered by original equipment makers (OEM) to increase fuel efficiency, increasing fuel efficiency with the use of automated manual...
- SmartWay Program developments. Gelinas, Tom // Fleet Equipment;Jan2011, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on the developments in the SmartWay Program to help in decreasing fuel consumption and emissions in the U.S. SmartWay Program manager Cheryl Bynum claims that SmartWay has improved system for shippers and carriers with its freight logistics and environmental and energy...
- 1999 EPA mileage report. // Automotive News;11/9/1998, Vol. 73 Issue 5792, p42N
Presents information on the United States Environmental Protection Agency's 1999 federal fuel-economy estimates for motor vehicles. Includes automobiles; Trucks.