Whole lotta shakin'
- Portland won't approve WMI-USA merger. Brown, Bob // Waste News;11/30/98, Vol. 4 Issue 29, p2
Reports that officials in Portland, Oregon have refused to sanction the merger of Waste Management Inc. and USA Waste Services Inc. Contention that the agreement required the council's approval of the change of ownership of a company.
- USA Waste swallows the leader. Brown, Bob // Waste News;03/16/98, Vol. 3 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on an agreement by USA Waste Services Incorporated to merge with industry leader Waste Management Incorporated. Value of the transaction; Significance of the deal; Detailed information on the plans of the combined operations.
- Suppliers sound positive notes. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;03/16/98, Vol. 3 Issue 44, p2
Reports on the proposed merger of trash haulers USA Waste Services Incorporated and Waste Management Incorporated, highlighting the optimism of suppliers to the merger. Views of Tom Mertz, of Compaction America; Information on the Compaction's working relation with the two companies; Comments...
- Southern courtship. Brown, Bob // Waste News;03/16/98, Vol. 3 Issue 44, p3
Reports that USA Waste Services Incorporated's interest in Waste Management Incorporated was highlighted from October 1997, on Robert S. Miller first day at Waste Management as chairman and chief executive officer. Information on the interest shown by USA; Detailed information on the...
- Waste deal's impact huge. // Waste News;03/16/98, Vol. 3 Issue 44, p8
Editorial. Discusses the proposed merger of Waste Management Incorporated with USA Waste Services Incorporated. Impact of the merger; Information on the reputations of the two companies; Details on the widespread reviews of the deal.
- A look back. // Waste News;03/08/99, Vol. 4 Issue 43, p9
No abstract available.
- Fortunes tumble only one year after USA deal. Brown, Bob // Waste News;07/19/99, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p1
Investigates the performance of Waste Management Inc. (WMI) a year after being purchased by smaller rival USA Waste Services Inc. Resignation of veteran high-ranking executives; Termination of WMI employees; Change of logo color; Price of stock; Impact of disclosure of financial troubles on...
- Waste haulers to merge. Williams, Drew; Canning, Kathie // Pollution Engineering;Apr98, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p3
Reports that Waste Management Incorporated and USA Waste Services Incorporated, two major waste hauling firms, agreed to merge into a single company. Executives of the resulting company; Reason for the merger; Information on the two merging companies.
- What a waste. G.S. // Earth Island Journal;Summer98, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the acquisition of Waste Management Inc. by USA Waste Services company in the United States. Significance of this acquisition; Cost of acquisition; Plans of USA Waste Services regarding employment there.