- IAN MCDOUGALL 1990-1992. Mcdougall, Ian // Architecture Australia;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p26
Recounts the experience of an editor in managing the national Royal Australian Institute of Architects magazine in Australia from 1990 to 1992. Challenges faced by the editor in managing the publication; Efforts of the editor to relive the publication; Reason for leaving the publication.
- Open access and closed options. Gannon, Frank // EMBO Reports;Oct2004, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p921
Editorial. Comments on the launch of an open-access, author-pays journal "Molecular Systems Biology" by the European Molecular Biology Organization and the Nature Publishing Group. Views about an author-pays model of periodical publishing; Authorship; Editors; Problem of economic viability of...
- Good Fellows: The Walpole Society. Schinto, Jeanne // Maine Antique Digest;Nov2015, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p29-A
The article discusses the publication of the "Note Book" collective journal by publishing organization Walpole Society and includes information about its records, correspondence and memorabilia.
- Personal Reflections From the Fifth Editor of Human Factors. Williges, Robert C. // Human Factors;Jun2008, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p359
The fifth editor of Human Factors provides reflections on journal publication spanning four volumes printed from 1976 to 1980. During that period, most of the publication and management activities were handled by volunteer efforts of the editor, the editorial board, and the editor's...
- Dear readers. Craft, Patty // Horticulture;Aug/Sep2010, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p5
The article provides information on the plans of the author for this journal as she assumes her role as its publisher and editorial director.
- MEMO PAD. Bernstein, Jacob; Lindsay, Greg; J.B. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/21/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 83, p14
Three news briefs relating to magazines and magazine publishing in the United States as of October 21, 2003 are presented. First, 'Esquire' magazine editor Stefano Tonchi has confirmed that he plans to leave the company to become the style editor for 'The New York Times Magazine.' Second, an...
- Mags matter. // Advertising Age;10/22/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 43, p24
The article comments on the cultural importance of periodicals and the viability of its business model in the United States. Analysts highlight the need for publishers and editors to define the role of weeklies and monthlies in an age of instant information citing the indications of the...
- Assessing the TRUE COST of Association Publishing. Stratton, Debra J. // Association Management;Jul99, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p37
Discusses the cost of producing association magazines and journals. Reason publications are often the first targets for budget cuts; Information on the Association Publishing Operations Benchmarking Study; Format that associations must use if they want to run their magazines and journals like...
- New Beginnings. Cousineau, Ken // GreenMaster;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the release of the first issue of "GreenMasterï¿½" magazine after the appointment of Naylor (Canada) Inc. as the publisher of the Canadian Golf Superintendent Association (CGSA). The CGSA selected the publisher in September 2008 after a five month process a request for...