What are We Afraid Of?
- Earth Day Action Guide. // Science World;04/12/99, Vol. 55 Issue 13, p20
Offers ideas from students in the United States on how to help save the environment. Establishment on environmental groups; Environmental campaigns.
- Formative moments. Ayres, Ed // World Watch;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p3
Focuses on the importance of the long-term health of the planet Earth. Civilization changing events; Experiences of the author that led him to advocate environmental protection.
- Happy Earth Day! // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Apr2000, Vol. 56 Issue 7, following p4
Suggests ways for the conservation of natural resources.
- You Can Help Earth! // Weekly Reader - Edition K;Apr2008, Vol. 50, Special section p2
Several images of how children can help conserve resources and protect the Earth are presented.
- Top 10 Things to Do to Stay Green at Camp Top Ten. Horner, Tom; Kane, Andy; Parry, Jim; Speers-Holmes, Jessica // Camping Magazine;Nov2007, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p1
The article lists ten ways of being environmentally aware at camp including forming a "green committee," starting an environmental program for campers, and switching to compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Save our countryside. Willis, Monica Michael // Country Living;Mar1994, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p14
Features the efforts of The Nature Conservancy, a non-profit organization that oversees the world's system of private nature preserves, in seeking out the earth's natural wonders to conserve them for posterity. Inclusion of 40 sites as part of the organization's `Last Great Places Campaign';...
- Save our countryside. Willis, Monica Michael // Country Living;Oct95, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p24
Focuses on events related to environmental conservation. Discussion of the designs of environmentally-sound homes in the `Your Natural Home' magazine; Formulation of drugs from ingredients from nature; Celebration of the 1995 National Tour of Independent Homes.
- IUCN helps Laos establish system of protected areas. // International Wildlife;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p28
Reports on the Laos government's development of protected areas designed to include representatives of all habitat types and most of its wildlife species with technical assistance from the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN). Actions recommended by IUCN to ensure long-term...
- The Nature Conservancy is worthy of your support. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;02/07/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p22
Supports the environmental protection efforts of The Nature Conservancy in Utah.