Re-cycling surplus fishing boats
- QUIN'S OF PORT ADELAIDE TURNS 80. // Professional Fisherman;Oct2001, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p18
Features Quin Marine of Port Adelaide, maker of commercial and fishing vessel in Australia. Information on the history of the company; Description of the facilities of the company; Services to the maritime and fishing industry.
- New boat marking regulations for Queensland. // Professional Fisherman;Nov2003, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the introduction of a boat marking regulations for commercial fishing vessels in Queensland. Aim to make boat identification quicker and simpler; Provisions of the regulation.
- G.O.B. // Ausmarine;Sep2008, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p12
The author discusses several issues on the Australian fishing industry. The author mentions the proposal of using sails to power fishing boats in the North Sea. He narrates his experience with a small fisheries research vessel of South Australian named Investigator. He mentions the benefits of...
- '34 South'- The latest stage in Tenix Longliner Development. Brown, Mike // Professional Fisherman;Feb2003, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p20
Features '34 South' tuna longliner fishing boat. Ownership; Specifications; Capabilities.
- 'Megan M.' Brown, Mike // Professional Fisherman;Feb2003, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p23
Features 'Megan M' longline fishing vessel. Ownership; Specifications; Capabilities.
- Much ado about fish. Woodring, Jeannie // Alaska Business Monthly;Aug94, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the termination of the short-lived Canadian custom of fining American commercial fishing boats for traveling through Canadian waters along the Inside Passage. Fine as a result of failed salmon treaty talks between Canada and the United States.
- Ten ways to keep your boat environmentally friendly. // Salt Water Sportsman;Dec94, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p28
Presents tips on keeping fishing boats environmentally friendly. Observation of local and federal marine toilet rules; Legal bottom paints; Biodegradable cleaning agents; Littering.
- The Contribution of Unmeasurable Inputs to Fisheries Production: An Analysis of Technical Efficiency of Fishing Vessels in the English Channel. Pascoe, Sean; Coglan, Louisa // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Aug2002, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p585
Variations in the efficiency of demersal trawlers operating in the English Channel were examined through the estimation of a stochastic frontier production function. The most important measurable factor affecting efficiency was the age of the vessel. However, unmeasurable factors accounted for...
- Choose the Right Boat! Sterns, Bob // Salt Water Sportsman;Jun2003, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p72
Gives advice on selecting the right fishing boats.