Will Open Government make Canada's health agencies more transparent?
- PHAC chided for lack of antimicrobial resistance strategy. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;6/16/2015, Vol. 187 Issue 9, pE265
The article reports that the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) has been reprimanded by the Auditor General for its lack of strategy to combat antimicrobial resistance. Topics discussed include the need for a national strategy for Canada's imprudent utilization of antibiotics, the move of...
- Eat Well & Be Active Educational Toolkit. // Active Living;Nov2011, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p10
The article focuses on the resource called EAT WELL and Be Active Educational Toolkit from Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- Health columns available online. // Canadian Nurse;Feb2006, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the availability of health-related topics on It's Your Health at www.hc-sc.gc.ca/iyh-vsv/index_e.html Web site, presented by Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada. Information contained in the site; Number of articles posted in HTML and PDF formats; Categories of...
- CLIMATE CHANGE and CANADA: An untapped opportunity to advance gender equality? EYZAGUIRRE, JIMENA // Network Magazine of the Canadian Women's Health Network;Fall/Winter2008/2009, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p7
The article focuses on the perception of climate change policies in Canada as a gateway to gender equality. Climate change has been a concern across Canada and tackling it demands two policy responses, mitigation which involves curbing the emission of greenhouse gases, and adaptation, which...
- Bungled management. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/23/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 17, pE757
The article reports on the bungled management by the Public Health Agency and Health Canada of Canada in the bid process for the HIV vaccine manufacturing facility, which was cancelled after the four bidders were discovered to have no capacity to host the project.
- Funding for FAS IN CANADA. // SAY Magazine;Spring2009, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p24
The article provides an overview of the Public Works' 2008 internal evaluation on the funding for the Public Health Agency of Canada fetal alcohol spectrum disorder initiative. The report suggests that only two-thirds of the $3.3 million budget is spent annually. The report also found that...
- Guidelines and public consultations. Dalal, Bakul I.; Power, Stephanie // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/19/2013, Vol. 185 Issue 17, p1526
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "How Can Canadian Guideline Recommendations Be Tested?" by A. Chatterjee and colleagues published in the journal in 2013.
- Knowledge systems and public health. Koelen, Maria; Brouwers, Tonny // Knowledge in Society;Fall90, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p50
Attempts to apply ideas about knowledge and information systems (KIS) and knowledge management to health. Development of health education and health promotion; Subsystems of KIS.
- Data detente. Bergman, Rhonda // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;6/20/94, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p46
Presents various aspects involved in creating a community health information (CHIN). Negotiations for implementing a CHIN; CHIN vendors; Decisions to be made regarding CHIN; Components of a CHIN; Value of CHIN to physicians; Process in building a CHIN; Value of CHINs to participants; CHIN...