Your father's commercial vehicles
- Low-cost trucks on a high. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2011, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p32
The article deals with the threat posed by the rapid proliferation of low-cost trucks on truck manufacturers in North America and Europe. Sandeep Kar, global program manager for Frost & Sullivan's Automotive & Transportation Group, expects these low-cost trucks which are priced 20% to 25% lower...
- Making the right moves. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Apr2003, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p14
Discusses key issues concerning the handling of preventive maintenance agreements by trucking dealerships in the U.S. Reasons why more truck fleets are considering outsourcing opportunities; Variety of services offered by truck dealers and truckstops for fleets that want to outsource some or...
- How long will it take? Crain, Keith // Automotive News;8/28/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5620, p12
Opinion. Presents an evaluation of the motor vehicle industry in the United States. Share of the truck market; Products offered by the non-truck segment.
- Truck Boom a Bust for Michigan. Martin, Norman // Automotive Industries;Aug99, Vol. 179 Issue 8, p10
Focuses on the light-truck production capacity in Michigan. Number of major vehicle assembly plants in North America.
- '98 an exciting prelude to '99. Kelly, Ken // Roads & Bridges;Dec98, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on the performance of the truck industry in 1998. Growth of truck sales and demand for trucking service; Details on several truck manufacturers and truck component suppliers; Information on some truck shows.
- October Class 8 orders second-highest ever. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2014, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that the North American Class 8 truck net orders has increased in the six-month period through October 2014 compared with the previous six-month period ending September 2014, based on the data released by transportation intelligence provider FTR.
- HUF 142 million truck service center under construction. // Hungary A.M.;4/8/2014, p6
The article reports on the move of road haulage company KÃ¡dÃ¡r Sped a Hungarian Forint (HUF) 142 million lorry service center at its base in Kocsord.
- Coping with complexity. Brooke, Lindsay; Sawyer, Christopher A. // Automotive Industries;Nov94, Vol. 174 Issue 11, p38
Assesses the performance of the pickup truck industry in the United States. Complexity of building pick-up trucks; Progress in streamlining the assembly process of truck manufacture; Solutions to truck build complexity; Competition as key factor in building trucks. INSET: In-line sequencing,...
- The U.S. auto supplier industry in transition. Klier, Thomas H.; Rubenstein, James M. // Chicago Fed Letter;May2006, Issue 226, p1
Examines ongoing structural changes, which are affecting the prospects for the U.S. auto industry's continued concentration in the Midwest. Types of firms involved in motor vehicle production; Reason carmakers outsource entire integrated modules to suppliers on multi-year contracts;...