No privacy of health information in Canada's Armed Forces
- Veterans Affairs Canada Learning Resources for your School Library. // School Libraries in Canada (17108535);2011, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p19
The article previews several learning resources provide by Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) including the newspapers "Tales of Animals in War," "The Canada Remembers Times," and "Postcards for Peace."
- Sixty Years of Veterans Affairs. Neary, Peter // Beaver;Oct/Nov2004, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p11
Traces the history of the Canadian Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA). Creation of a Department of Soldiers' Re-establishment in 1918; Issuance of the Post-Discharge Re-establishment Order on October 12, 1941 by a cabinet committee on demobilization; Purpose of creating the DVA in 1944.
- War Amps, Veterans Affairs Canada Announce Collaborative Partnership. // O&P Business News;Jan2016, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p38
The article reports on the formation of a collaborative partnership between Canadian nonprofit The War Amps and Veterans Affairs Canada, announced at the Annual Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Health Research Forum in Quebec City.
- THE OLD GUARD: Veterans' news & views. Peate, Les // Esprit de Corps;Mar2012, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p36
The article provides updates concerning the veterans in Canada. It highlights the institution of a project wherein Canadians, particularly schoolchildren are encouraged to send greetings to veterans in hospitals and care facilities. Concerns regarding the continuing discussions between the...
- Picking our veterans' pockets. Nickerson, Michael // Esprit de Corps;Nov2011, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p23
The author presents his views on hopelessness of Canadian veterans. He discusses the budget cut of 226 million dollars by the country's New Veterans Charter and the Veterans Affairs Canada and Pete MacKay, a top earner in Canada's Royal Canadian Air Force, of a frequent flyer program. He also...
- THE OLD GUARD. Peate, Les // Esprit de Corps;Apr2014, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p70
The article offers developments related to Veterans Affairs (VA) in Canada. Thousands of veterans and residents marched and protested on te streets to oppose the closure of the VA office in Sydney, New South Wales in November 2013. The allies and friends of the Public Service Aliance of Canada...
- Veterans' news & views. // Esprit de Corps;Apr2013, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p56
The author reflects updates regarding the veterans in Canada. The government's recognition of the services of the Bomber Command aircrews from September 3, 1939 and May 8, 1945 and the passage of the Bill S-213 which honor Canadian veterans of the Korean War, authored by Senator Yonah Martin,...
- ENJOY the SUMMER. Nickerson, Michael // Esprit de Corps;Jul2014, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p23
The article offers the author's insights on the improvement in the benefits of veterans in Canada. Topics discussed by the author include the 51-page opus submitted the Standing Committee on Veterans Affairs on how to improve the New Veteran's Charter, the suggestion to switch earning loss...
- NEW VETERANS CHARTER: Fourteen recommended changes, not substantive results. Bruyea, Sean // Esprit de Corps;Jul2014, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p28
The author discusses the recommendations released by the Canada's House Veterans Affairs Committee as a result of a comprehensive review of the New Veterans Charter requested by Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) Minister Julian Fantino. He mentions that the recommended changes include poorly defined...