The need for public engagement in choosing health priorities
- A closer look at European health care reforms. Pellegrini, Christina // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;1/7/2014, Vol. 186 Issue 1, pE24
The article reports on the comparison of health care systems in Canada and European countries, based on a study conducted by the Macdonald-Laurier Institute. The Ottawa, Ontario-based public policy research institute emphasizes the importance of allowing innovative solutions in order to...
- Advanced Care Planning -- The "Right Thing to Do"! Isinger, Melody // LawNow;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p7
The article offers information on advance care planning (ACP) in Canada. It states that ACP offers people who reached the age of majority the opportunity to know in advance the type of health care treatment they need. It also notes that ACP can be improved if a new diagnosis has been made or a...
- Accelerating knowledge to action: the pan-Canadian cancer control strategy. Fairclough, L.; Hill, J.; Bryant, H.; Kitchen-Clarke, L. // Current Oncology;Apr2012, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p70
Background In 2006, the federal government committed funding of $250 million over 5 years for the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer Corporation to begin implementation of the Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control (cscc). The Partnership was established as a not-for-profit corporation designed...
- Health Priorities. Rosenheim, Lord // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul74, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p6
Deals with the determination of health priorities. Conflict between health needs and health wants; Significance of medical professionals to the government.
- What's ailing our kids: Five health issues. Kashef, Ziba // Essence (Essence);May97, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p184
Provides information regarding five health problems facing the communities. Accidents; Asthma; Obesity; Violence; Substance abuse; Where to find help regarding these health problems.
- Accrediting Commission on Education for Health Services Administration accredited programs. // Healthcare Executive;Nov/Dec1997, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p42
Presents a listing of accredited programs to be held by the Accrediting Commission on Education for Health Services Administration. Contact information available.
- Achieving Results through Accountability Management. Berger, Steven // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr2002, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p96
Focuses on the achievement of results through accountability management. Challenges posed by management; Focus of results-oriented management; Significance of results-oriented management to the health care industry; Factors which contribute to financial success.
- Relating Advance Care Planning to Everyday Life. Wurmann, Kirsten // LawNow;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p41
The article offers information on advance care planning (ACP) in Canada. It states that it is a process of reflection and communication of a person with a decision-making capacity who can make a decision on their future health and personal care. It also mentions that various online resources...
- A cognitive perspective on health systems integration: results of a Canadian Delphi study. Evans, Jenna M.; Ross Baker, G.; Berta, Whitney; Barnsley, Jan // BMC Health Services Research;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p57
Background Ongoing challenges to healthcare integration point toward the need to move beyond structural and process issues. While we know what needs to be done to achieve integrated care, there is little that informs us as to how. Specifically, we need to understand how diverse organizations and...