Prophets without honour in their own land
- Canada Launches AFV Programme. // Military Technology;2009, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p94
The article reports on the plan of the Canadian Department of National Defence to procure a new generation of land combat military vehicles. In an announcement by the country's Minister of National Defence Peter MacKay, he emphasized that the government was planning to launch such vehicles to...
- DOT&E Calls For More Upfront Investment To Improve Weapons Reliability. Sirak, Michael // Defense Daily;10/23/2007, Vol. 236 Issue 17, p3
This article reveals that the U.S. Department of Defense's chief operational tester Charles McQueary is advocating that the services invest more upfront to improve the reliability of new weapons systems so that the costs of maintaining them over their lifetime will be much less. While the...
- The War Industries Board. Soule, George // New Republic;10/27/17, Vol. 12 Issue 156, p354
Focuses on the success of the U.S. War Industries Board and the shipping program for proper distribution of military supplies. Competition between purchasing divisions; Centralization of all the government purchasing agencies; Transfer of the power of closing contracts from the present division...
- Capricorn connection. Vandyk, Anthony // Air Transport World;Feb96, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p91
Focuses on Air Austral. Location of Air Austral's base in the Indian Ocean Island of Reunion; Astute management of founder Gerard Etheve as reason for the success of the airline; Number of employees.
- TRINIDAD & TOBAGO. // Caribbean Update;Jul2012, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p21
The article reports that Australian shipbuilder Austal has sought to expand its business in Trinidad & Tobago since it was given a contract by the Trinidadian government to build 6 fast patrol boats for the Trinidadian Coast Guard in 2008.
- Austal unveils its largest ever catamaran. // Ausmarine;Jan2011, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p17
The article presents information on the largest catamaran that Australian ship maker Austral has ever built.
- 'Esperia I' // Professional Fisherman;Nov2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p18
Evaluates the lobster boat Esperia I from Alucraft. Features of the boat; Electronic equipment used; Engine model.
- Defense Acquisitions: Antiarmor Weapons Master Plan Does Not Identify Potential Excesses or Support Planned Procurements: NSIAD-00-67. // GAO Reports;5/8/2000, p1
Congress has raised concerns that the Pentagon continues to procure an increasing number of tank-killing weapons at a time when potential adversaries are using smaller armored forces. Congress has also questioned whether current antiarmor acquisition plans are appropriate and has directed the...
- Defense Acquisitions: Status of Strategic C4 System Modernization and Plans to Integrate Additional Mission Capabilities: NSIAD-00-212R. Rodrigues, Louis J. // GAO Reports;8/25/2000, p1
Pursuant to a congressional request, GAO provided information on the Department of Defense's (DOD) plans to modernize its current strategic command, control, communications, and computer (C4) capabilities for ballistic missile warning, space control, and air sovereignty/defense missions,...