What 'Plan B'?
- Springtime for Philpott. // Training Journal;Apr2009, p28
The article offers observations from John Philpott, chief economist at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), regarding the implication of economic crisis on learning and development (L&D) in Great Britain. Philpott explained that economic crisis is great challenge for L&D...
- Online vote. // Human Resources (09648380);Jan2009, p7
The article reports on the economic forecast of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) of Great Britain for 2009. According to the CIPD, the economic situation will be more bleak than 2008. In addition, it presents an online survey asking opinions regarding the economic...
- Mixed results. // Cabinet Maker;9/3/2010, Issue 5703, p3
The article reports on the mixed analysis of the economic performance of Great Britain with greater growth in the second quarter of 2010.
- Rebalancing will take more than this. Garlick, Richard // Regeneration & Renewal;11/8/2010, p5
In this article, the author discusses the significance of rebalancing economic growth in Great Britain.
- Benign outlook. Kern, David // Accountancy;Oct2000, Vol. 126 Issue 1286, p87
Comments on the economic conditions in Great Britain as of October 2000. Factors driving economic growth in the region; Call for continued business vigilance; New risks threatening Great Britain's economic outlook.
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: IN BRIEF. // Regeneration & Renewal;11/22/2010, p15
The article offers news briefs related to economic development in Great Britain including the recognition of the South Yorkshire town of Rotherham as the most enterprising place in the country, the formation of an investment fund for local environmental improvements in the south of Birmingham,...
- Growth, inflation and jobless figures deal triple blow. Lewis, Adam // Fund Strategy;4/26/2010, p14
The article reports on the survey conducted by the Office for National Statistics regarding the economic growth in Great Britain.
- Jobless total now highest since 1995 but pace of rise is slowing. Martin, Natalie // Mortgage Strategy;8/17/2009, p10
The article reports on the 220,000 increase in the number of unemployed in the second quarter of 2009 in Great Britain. It is noted that the number of unemployed and claimant count both rose, while the number of vacancies declined. However, a labour market survey from the Chartered Institute of...
- Regional economic indicators: with a focus on sub-regional Gross Value Added using shift-share analysis. Oguz, Sebnem; Knight, Jonathan // Economic & Labour Market Review;Dec2010, Vol. 4 Issue 12, Special section p64
This quarter, the Regional Economic Indicators article focuses on explaining the differences in sub--regional economic growth rates (Gross Value Added (GVA)) between 1995 and 2007 by using the shift--share method. The technique is based on the assumption that local economic growth is explained...