Yogi Berra and the price of diesel fuel
- Bush Lifts Drilling Ban -- Next Up, Congress? // Industrial Heating;Sep2008, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p27
The article reports that U.S. President George W. Bush has lifted an executive ban on offshore drilling and has asked the Congress to lift theirs. Bush said that the only thing standing between the American people and the vast oil resources is action from the U.S. Congress. Senator Barbara Boxer...
- Fuel: Why Gas Prices Are Rising. Blomberg, Lindsey // E THIS WEEK;5/6/2012, p5
The article reports that the oil exports have increased in the U.S. to over 858 million barrels in 2010 compared to 425 million barrels in 2005. High gas prices are predicted for 2012, which has resulted in increasing cost of gasoline at the pumps. The reason for motivated exports included...
- Energy: love it or lease it. McManus, R. // Sierra;Jul/Aug88, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p16
The Interior Department hopes to lease much of the nation's coastline, including 1.1 million acres in California, to oil developers, a plan facing heavy opposition. Oil production on the outer continental shelf has always been a high priority in the Reagan administration, raising...
- Interior dialogue: Californians give feds.. Fuller, B. // Sierra;Jul/Aug88, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p12
Over 3,000 people protested for 26 hours last February against Interior Secretary Donald Hodel's plan to open 1.1 million acres along Californian's northern Pacific coast to offshore oil development. The sale was postponed until at least mid-1989. Protest photos and speech excerpts.
- America's need for (other people's) oil. Davey, Lawrence // Christian Science Monitor;11/8/99, Vol. 91 Issue 240, p11
Opinion. Asserts that the extension of a ban for oil drilling off the New England and Atlantic coast of the United States is a hollow victory for environmentalists due to the expected increase in offshore drilling in other countries.
- No more oil spills. // U.S. News & World Report;7/10/89, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p17
Reports on a speech, to be given on July 18 by Interior Secretary Manuel Lujan, Jr., that is expected to declare the administration's intention to allow offshore oil drilling in California and oil exploration in Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
- Highway diesel sales by PADD & state, 1996. // National Petroleum News;Mid-Jul98, Vol. 90 Issue 8, p100
Reports on the 1996 diesel fuel sales at highway gasoline stations in the United States. Comparison to sales at off-highway locations.
- COULD THE U.S. OIL EXPORT BAN HURT FUTURE DOMESTIC DRILLING EFFORTS? // TIPRO Target Newsletter;4/17/2014, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p3
The article discusses the forecast if the crude export ban were to be lifted in the U.S. It expects that the cost of gasoline heating oil and diesel fuel will fall, saving consumers up to $5.8 billion per year, on average, between 2015 and 2035. It projects that economy could gain up to 300,000...
- China Cuts Oil Products Prices. // China Chemical Reporter;8/16/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p13
The article focuses on the report by the National Development and Reform Commission on regarding the cutting of oil product prices effective on July 29, 2008 in China. The move is in response to the fall of global crude prices, wherein the prices of gasoline and diesel reduced by 220 renminbi...