Realistic, practical environmentalism
- Other Kinds of Energy. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;04/16/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 23, p3
Focuses on solar power and wind power as alternative ways to produce energy.
- Profile in Cowardice. Mark, Jason // Earth Island Journal;Autumn2007, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the article "Conversation," by John Schaeffer on solar energy and another on using wind power for local economic development.
- Wind and sun power for Kenya. // Earthwatch: The Journal of Earthwatch Institute;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p70
Describes the Earthwatch project led by Dr. Daniel Kammen (Princeton University), in examining whether solar ovens and windmills can both fulfill the Kenyans' energy needs and fit in with their society in Nairobi and western Kenya. Related interests; Dates; Staging area; Cost.
- Sun and wind: Bright alternatives. // Chemical Business;Sep96, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p37
Compares the benefits of the use of solar and wind energy with other sources. Renewable energy sources; Geothermal systems; Oil and coal.
- Tilting at Turbines. GRECO, EMILY SCHWARTZ // Progressive Populist;2/1/2105, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p5
The article discusses how market forces are boosting solar and wind energy growth.
- Oil Power: Govt. Moving Away. // Engineering Review (Asianet-Pakistan);11/16/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 22, p39
The article reports that Kh. Asif, Pakistani Minister for Water and Power, has made an announcement regarding the traffic for wind and solar projects to be unveiled by Pakistan's National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA), while moving away from oil based power sector.
- Catch the wind. Thompson, Steve // Rural Cooperatives;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p4
Reports the applicability of solar and wind power on electric power in the U.S. Prevention on the use of water power; Supplemental source of green power; Cost of the Basin Electric projected power generation. INSETS: U.S. wind power resources;Isolated Navajos tap solar power.
- ENERGY SUPPLY. // Global Energy Market Research: Portugal;Oct2012, p14
The article focuses on the status of the energy supply in Portugal as of October 2012. It states the country has good potential for hydroelectric but do not have hydrocarbon resources. It cites the 20% increase of electric power production between 1990 and 2010 and 41% increase in the generation...
- Appendix. Maeda, Martha // Complete Guide to Green Building & Remodeling Your Home: Everyth;2009, p293
An appendix is presented of load analysis worksheet for solar or wind electricity system.