Putting a muzzle on the guzzle
- NIST Speeding Smart Grid Standard On Consumer Energy Info. Lobsenz, George // Energy Daily;7/12/2010, Issue 130, p1
The article discusses the initiative of the U.S. government to establish national smart grid guidelines and standards through the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the Smart Grid Interoperability Panel (SGIP). It talks about the North American Energy Standards Board who...
- Obama Pledges to Resolve Mexican Trucking Dispute. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);8/17/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 33, p8
The article reports on the commitment of the U.S. government to resolving a festering cross-border trucking dispute with Mexico, according to President Barack Obama. Cancellation of a Bush-era pilot project that gave selected Mexican carriers access to U.S. highways beyond the border commercial...
- SWOT Analysis. // USA Freight Transport Report;Q4 2010, p7
The article presents a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for the U.S. road haulage industry, as well as on the country's political, economic and business environment. The sector's strength lies in its occupation of a dominant position in the country's freight transport system....
- Energy Efficiency Advice to the Next Administration. Meier, Alan // Home Energy;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p2
The author offers advices to the next administration of the U.S. government relevant to energy efficiency. He mentions the significant role of the government in lowering the energy demand by implementing policies that will regulate power plant emissions and natural-gas fracking. The author...
- politics. // Hill;2/14/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p20
The article offers news briefs related to U.S. politics and government in 2011 including the allegation that large numbers of Michigan voters are disenfranchised by state House and Senate districts, the dilemma faced by Representative Jo Ann Emerson on whether to challenge Democratic Senator...
- Politics of future past. Mellman, Mark S. // Hill;2/10/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p11
The article focuses on the author's views regarding the controversy surrounding the politics in the U.S. in 2009.
- GOP betting America fails. Budowsky, Brent // Hill;2/23/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p23
In this article the author discusses the scenarion of the American government.
- WHAT THE MEDIA SAY. // Hill;3/19/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p20
The article focuses on issues related to economic, political, and foreign relations which are faced by the U.S. federal government in 2010.
- Palin to fire up base for McCain. Miller, Sean J.; Blake, Aaron // Hill;3/25/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p18
The article offers news briefs related to politics and government in 2010 in the U.S. which include the political ambition of Sarah Palin, rebukes earned by anti-abortion-rights Democrats Bart Stupak and Steve Driehaus from fellow legislators in both political parties, and the anticipated...