Philippines shows strong promise
- when the bow breaks. Townsend, Mark // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Jul2002, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p14
Focuses on the ship graveyard in the Bay of Bengal, Bangladesh. Description of the working condition at the ship graveyard; Increase in the number of ships destined for scrap; Actions being taken by world governments concerning health and environmental impact of ship-breaking activities.
- China breaks ground for world's largest shipyard. // World Trade;Mar2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the launch of a shipyard located in an island in Yangtze River in China as of March 1, 2004. Capacity of the shipyard once it is completed in 2015; Efforts of China in developing its seaports and protecting the interests of its foreign investors; Value of China's port investment in...
- Yards organise marketing drive. // Professional Engineering;04/19/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p8
Informs that the Shipbuilders and Shiprepairers Association has asked the British government to half-fund a marketing scheme for struggling British yards. Presentation of a marketing plan to the government; State of the industry.
- Bath Iron Works Launches Project to Preserve Itself. Angelo, William J. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/02/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 13, p30
Reports that Bath, Maine's 117-year old shipyard, Bath Iron Works (BIW) has launched an overhaul of its level-launch system by eliminating its three inclined ways to make way for a multimillion-dollar Land Level Transfer Facility. Impetus for the move; Company background and history; Problems...
- The party's over. // New Hampshire Business Review;11/30/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p12
Talks about the legal dispute on whether the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard is located in New Hampshire or Maine. Controversy over taxation imposed on people working at the shipyard; Ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court on the issue of shipyard's location.
- ABU DHABI WITH STRONGER NAVAL TOUCH. // Naval Forces;2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p114
The article reviews the International Defence Exhibition held at Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, last February 16-21, 2007. The visit in the Abu Dhabi Shipbuilding (ADSB) was considered as a real benefit for the author having seen a real modern and still expanding shipyard. IDEX has become one...
- One Vessel After Another. Bruns, Adam // Site Selection;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p926
The article reports on the manufacturing of ships in South Korea. In the first half of 2008, the shipyards have won fully half of the entire world's shipbuilding orders, totaling 12.4 million compensated gross tons. Export value for Korean ships is $27.68 billion. They are not just building the...
- CHINA SHIPBUILDING. // Acquisdata Industry SnapShots: China Shipbuilding;10/7/2015, Issue 3537, preceding p1
An industry report of the shipbuilding industry of China as of October 7, 2015 is presented from publisher Acquisdata Pty Ltd., with topics including Chinese shipyards, the extension of the trading of suspension by China's largest shipping lines and plans of Chinese shipbuilders to construct...
- ST. PETERSBURG AS A PART OF THE SHIPBUILDING INDUSTRY OF RUSSIA. Rostislavovna, Tulyakova Irina // Society: Politics, Economics, Law;2014, Issue 1, p1
The article analyzes the civil and military shipbuilding industry of Russia. The country's positions on the global market differ for these two types of manufacture. Both civil and military shipbuilding industriesare now facing a number of constraints to further development. If the problems of...