Volunteering overseas made easy
- Called to clean up messes. Stimson, Eva // Presbyterians Today;Mar2011, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented which discusses various reports published within the issue on topics including the effectiveness of disaster response.
- MAN-MADE DISASTERS. WOLFSON, ELIJAH // Newsweek Global;5/15/2015, Vol. 164 Issue 19, p34
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of heading out from Kathmandu, Nepal with Bhanaba Thami who has decided to go back to his ancestral home in Suspa-Kshemawati as an emergency relief worker.
- Haiti Earthquake Victims Need Help! // AirGuide Online.com;1/18/2010, p1
The article reports that the Red Cross is need to several Creole speaking volunteers.
- Volunteers still needed to help with tornado repairs. // Fort Worth Business Press;01/19/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p12
Cites plans by the Tarrant County Tornado Recovery Program to close the crisis counseling project that has been available to citizens of Tarrant County, Texas, since tornadoes hit the area March 28, 2000. Call for volunteers to help finish rebuilding residences still damaged by the tornadoes.
- Tap the Crowd. SCOTT, DAVID MEERMAN // EContent;May2011, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p32
The article offers information on Baked Relief, a movement of people who bake and cook, providing home-cooked meals to people directly affected by the flood situation in and around Brisbane, Queensland. The movement also comprises of volunteers from Queensland police, fire, and ambulance workers...
- Hands On Nashville Volunteer Report Card May 17 Flood Response Volunteerism. // Tennessee Tribune;5/20/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p13A
The article presents statistics on the approximate number of volunteer hours donated to flood recovery by Hands On Nashville volunteers, the number of years Hands on Nashville volunteers have made to make difference in the community and the number of project sites coordinated by Hands on Nashville.
- Singing through tears. Hamner, Kristin // Presbyterians Today;Mar2011, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p34
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of volunteering herself to aid the disaster victims of the earthquake in Haiti.
- Hard Times in the Big Easy. Rainbow, Ariel // Teen Ink;May2009, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p27
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of helping hurricane victims in New Orleans, Louisiana recover from their tragedies.
- Red Cross seeks volunteers. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;07/19/99, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p15
Announces the launch of the Orange County Chapter of the American Red Cross in Greater New York's campaign seeking volunteers for its Disaster Services and Health and Safety Programs. Goals of the program; Responsibilities of Disaster Services volunteers; Contact information.