TIME FOR AN OIL CHANGE
- Clean diesels: There's a simple solution. Truett, Richard // Automotive News;1/10/2005, Vol. 79 Issue 6129, p14
This article reports that engineers, scientists and technicians at the world's automakers can build diesel engines that run as clean as their gasoline counterparts. Diesels offer a fuel economy advantage of about 25 percent over gasoline engines, so in these days of radically unstable fuel...
- Fill 'er Up for Less. Epperson, Sharon // Time;4/12/2004, Vol. 163 Issue 15, p81
Presents tips for American drivers on how they can save money on gas. Background on the rise in gasoline prices in the United States; Reaction of the EPA to requests from some states for temporary exemption from cleaner-burning-gasoline requirements that have likely contributed to higher prices;...
- Boost for cars or bust? Ethanol debate. Daly, Mathew // Bluegrass Automotive Report;Aug2013, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p10
The article reports on the continuous debate in the U.S. Congress and the Supreme Court about the use of E15, an ethanol blend of gasoline, on vehicles in 2013. It highlights the decision of the Supreme Court to deny an appeal by the American Petroleum Institute (API) to prohibit the sales of...
- 1996 EPA mileage report. // Automotive News;10/9/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5627, p11i
Presents the US Environmental Protection Agency's 1996 mileage report for various car lines available in the United States.
- Series 1 assurances. // AutoWeek;2/18/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p4
Reports the investigation on the engines and parts of Shelby American Series 1 conducted by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and California Air Resources Board. Comments from Shelby American owner Caroll Shelby; Announcement of the 40th anniversary of the Cobra automobile from Shelby;...
- EPA emits strong denial. Heine, Max // Overdrive;Feb99, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p13
Reports on the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)'s denial that it knew in advance of the defeat devices that led to a $185 million fine of six automobile engine makers in the United States in October 1998. Volvo's claims that they advised EPA in 1994 that tests for nitroxide...
- Aftermarket access to vehicle programs due by Dec. 1997. // Aftermarket Business;08/01/96, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on the US Environmental Protection Agency's deadline to vehicle makers concerning on-board access codes. Concerns on vehicle repairs; System proposal from the state of California; Comments from industry executives.
- Information access: A matter of denial? Stephenson // Motor Age;Dec99, Vol. 118 Issue 12, p20
No abstract available.
- 1997 EPA mileage report. // Automotive News;10/21/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5683, p18I
Presents statistical information on an automobile's mileage report from the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).