Improving patient safety with intelligent infusion devices
- FDA still not happy with Hospira's Indian facility. // Medical Device Daily;6/12/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 113, p8
The article reports on the warning issued by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to Hospira due to serious sanitation violations by the infusion device company's facility in India.
- FDA issues requirements for infusion pump recall. // Hospice Management Advisor;Sep2010, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p104
The article discusses the requirements issued by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on the recall of Baxter Healthcare Corp.'s Colleague Volumetric Infusion Pumps (CVIPs). It says that Baxter is ordered to provide a transition guide and to offer refunds or replacements. It states that...
- New pumps outsmart user error. Akridge, Jeannie // Healthcare Purchasing News;Apr2011, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on warnings which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued in 2010 to health care facilities about safety issues that have been linked to the use of infusion pumps. A discussion of innovative infusion pumps which have been developed and are being developed and can improve...
- FDA launches initiative to reduce infusion pump risks. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jun2010, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p8
The article discusses the launch of an initiative by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to reduce the safety issues associated with medication infusion pumps.
- Medtronic warning calls for outside certification. // Medical Device Daily;8/22/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 163, p6
The article reports on the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) warning suggesting that Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Medtronic meet with the agency to address the findings associated with the infusion pumps inspection.
- FDA orders recall of Baxter's infusion pumps. // Endocrine Today;Jun2010, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p24
The article discusses the order of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of the recall and destruction of all Colleague Volumetric Infusion Pumps used in the U.S.
- FDA safety initiative to address problems with infusion pumps. // Endocrine Today;Jun2010 Supplement, Vol. 8, p25
The article reports on an initiative launched by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to deal with the safety problems associated with external infusions pumps.
- Infusion pump guidance raises bar. // Biomedical Business & Technology;Jun2010, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p19
The article reports that a draft guidance for infusion pumps has been released by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in April 2010.
- Baxter warning hints firm knew FDA was concerned. McCARTY, MARK // Medical Device Daily;4/19/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 74, p1
The article reports that Baxter Healthcare had been aware of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) concern over its Sigma Spectrum infusion pumps. The FDA issued a warning letter to Baxter in response to the company's filing of a 501(k) or premarket notice for the device in September...