Shopping a little closer to home
- From the inside out. Cha, Angela // Supply Management;5/24/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p12
The article provides tips for making cost savings in outsourcing procurement. Procurement may be complex to outsource because of difficulties in appropriately incentivising the service provider to achieve cost savings and the balance between retaining a degree of control over procurement spend...
- Supply Chain Exposure. SMILEY, THOMAS // Printed Circuit Design & Fab: Circuits Assembly;Jul2016, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p17
The article examines how purchasing professionals in the U.S. can balance cost savings with offshore sourcing risks. Topics discussed include the competitiveness enjoyed by companies engaged in offshore sourcing and the risk of serious disruption caused by low operating visibility and financial...
- Chapter 3.1: Defining an Outsourcing Strategy. // Managing Business Support Services;2005, p98
The article highlights the selection of components for a successful outsourcing strategy. One of the factors needed for the component selection is the aim of the outsourcing itself. Among the reasons behind the decision of businesses to outsource are cost reduction and best practice application....
- Get well connected. Clarke, Emma // Supply Management;2/16/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p26
The article reports on the implementation of a single global electronic procurements for sourcing materials, goods or services in Great Britain. The study of Aberdeen research reveals that firms with electronic procurements resulted to a greater savings, more controlled spending and better...
- Can outsourcing cut costs? // CA Magazine;May97, Vol. 130 Issue 4, p5
Opinion. Presents views on the efficacy of outsourcing in cutting the organization's costs. Effects of outsourcing on the organizations; Concerns on cost-cutting.
- P&G GETS ENERGY COSTS SAVINGS USING ENERGYGATEWAY.COM. // Worldwide Energy;Jan2001, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p8
Deals with the online procurement program of EnergyGateway.com used by Procter & Gamble company to execute its energy cost savings.
- 2009: Breaking through the clouds. // ComputerWorld Hong Kong;Dec2008, p22
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including "Services in the Spotlight," "Conferencing Tools Key to Cost-Savings," and "Businesses Eye Outsourcing During Slump."
- 'Spending Dollars to Chase Pennies.'. Read, Jennifer // Circuits Assembly;Feb2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p14
The author comments that greed among original equipment manufacturers (OEM) results to unsustainable outsourcing business. Electronic manufacturing service providers (EMS) struggle to stay in business amid pressures from OEM seeking cost savings at their expense. The author thinks that such...
- Royal Philips Electronics to Cut Down Operational Costs. // EmergingMarketsNOW;10/9/2009, p8
The article informs that Royal Philips Electronics NV is planning to reduce its operational costs by up to 30 percent over the next two years. The company is planning to achieve its target by reducing the number of Information Technology (IT) suppliers from 800 to 10 and outsourcing more...