THE THERAPEUTIC EFFECTS OF A MOTHER'S VOICE
- Massage Away Postpartum Pains. Frogale, Colette // New Life Journal: Carolina Edition;May2008, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p26
The article offers information on the benefits of massage and bodywork for both new mother and baby in dealing postpartum pains. It says that massage can help facilitate family bonding and soothes a new mother's emotions especially in dealing with the transition. It mentions that massage can...
- VOZ CANTADA E A CONSTITUIÃ‡ÃƒO DA RELAÃ‡ÃƒO MÃƒE-BEBÃŠ. Mello, Enio Lopes; Maia, Suzana Magalhães; e Silva, Marta Assumpção de Andrada // Revista CEFAC;2009, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p127
Background: to address one aspect of mother/baby relationship, that arises from the use of singing voice in their communicative process. Procedure: the subject of this case study is a mother who undergoes eight sessions of body therapy (massage and exercises) associated to the utterance of...
- VÃNCULO EMOCIONAL Y AFRONTAMIENTO EN ADOLESCENTES ONCOLÃ“GICOS Y SUS MADRES: UN ESTUDIO EXPLORATORIO. Villafañe, Guadalupe María // Psicooncologia;2010, Vol. 7 Issue 2/3, p465
No abstract available.
- Book Offers Tips for Using Imagery,Meditation, and Spirituality in the Care of Patients With Cancer. // ONS News;Sep2001, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p3
Provides information on the book 'Voice Massage: Scripts for Guided Imagery,' being planned by the Oncology Nursing Society Publishing Division. Reason for the idea of publishing the book; Contents of the book; Plan to provide an audiotape as an adjunct to the written material.
- University of Florida Research Adds to Evidence That Unborn
Children Hear 'Melody' of Speech. // Ascribe Newswire: Health;1/22/2004, p2
It is well known that unborn babies can recognize their mothers' voices and distinguish music from noise. But exactly what they hear remains unclear. In a series of unique experiments on a pregnant ewe designed to record exactly what sounds reach the fetal ear, UF research has bolstered previous...
- MY MOTHER'S VOICE. // Kirkus Reviews;3/1/2006, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p238
Reviews the book "My Mother's Voice," by Joanne Ryder and illustrated by Peter Catalanotto.
- A Realistic Approach to Maternal-Fetal Conflict. Hornstra, Deborah // Hastings Center Report;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p7
Presents information on the relationship between a mother and her unborn child. Information on some of the factors which cause women to have abortions; In-depth look at the relationship between a mother and her unborn child; Details on the needs of an unborn child.
- Mom. Arce, Elia // Heresies;1993, Vol. 7 Issue 27, p28
Outlines teachings the authors intends to imbue to a daughter given the chance to give birth. Sexual freedom; Racial integrity; Freedom to travel.
- Son preference remains strong among Vietnamese women, but has only a modest effect on fertility. Hollander, D. // International Family Planning Perspectives;Jun96, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p84
Reports that Vietnamese women exhibit the strong preference for a son that is common in South Asia, despite their high levels of education and labor-force participation. Interviews with adults in households throughout the country; Results of hazards model; Contraceptive prevalence.