- Production slump hits Tanzanian coffee. Wallengren, Maja // African Business;Mar1997, Issue 219, p18
Discusses the production slump that hit the Tanzanian coffee industry in 1997. Decline of production due to aging plants and lack of prudence; Implementation of replanting schemes and financial support to stabilize the production; Replacement of old trees that are 50 to 100 years old; Improving...
- Coffee: East Africa to challenge Latin America. Wallengren, Maja // African Business;Jan1998, Issue 228, p18
Reports on the intention of a group of East African countries to implement a comprehensive cooperation program for the coffee industries aimed at improving bean quality and production figures. Importance of cooperation among countries to compete against international coffee market producers;...
- Coffee. // Africa Report;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the announcement by leading African coffee producers to cut exports of the commodity to boost prices. Establishment of an Association of Coffee Producing Countries; Standards set; Collapse of coffee producers and consumers negotiations; International Coffee Organization.
- Coffee production and prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep97, p7
Examines trends in coffee production and prices in the United States. Fluctuation of coffee prices, both spot and futures; Relationship between open interest and volume of coffee in relation to contract.
- Grounds keeper. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;2/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p57
Focuses on the gourmet coffee industry in the United States. Major players of the industry; Selection of site; Marketing strategies; Competition facing independents; Starbucks' market domination.
- The international coffee trade: Developing an export strategy. Van Hilten, Jan // International Trade Forum;Jul-Sep92, Issue 3, p4
Focuses on the international marketing of coffee. Processes in developing a marketing strategy; Risk factors involved in the international marketing of coffee; Importance and complexities of the international coffee trade.
- US RTD coffee market. // Beverage World;6/30/95, Vol. 114 Issue 1594, p1
Presents information on United States RTD coffee market from 1992 to 1994. Total wholesale sales.
- Business & Finance. // Christian Science Monitor;11/19/99, Vol. 91 Issue 248, p24
Relates financial and business news as of November 1999 including the impact of a drought in South America on high-quality coffee crops and other news.
- Caffeine hits. Benady, David; Killgren, Lucy // Marketing Week;5/7/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p28
Presents information on the coffee industry in the United Kingdom. Reference to the takeover of the Seattle Coffee Company by the Starbucks company; Cost of the acquisition; Details on other plans of Starbuck; Benefits of the acquisition; Detailed look at the acquisition; Comments from the...
- Roads hit Nicaraguan coffee. // International Construction;Feb97, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p44
Reports on the impact of poor road conditions on the 1996-1997 coffee harvest in Nicaragua.