NOT Mutually Exclusive
- AFRICA. // Earth Island Journal;Winter2005, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p5
Presents news briefs on issues related to environmental protection in Africa as of January 2005. Discussion on an increase in dust production from the use of four-wheel drive vehicles during the International Geographical Congresses for 2004 in Glasgow, Scotland; Limitation on the use of coal...
- Thinking of the future. Vahry, Peter // NZ 4WD;Mar2014, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p47
The author comments on the 'partnership exercise' of the Department of Conservation in New Zealand. The initiative aims to engage children into outdoor recreation so they get interested in protecting the environment. He discusses the '4x4 in Schools Technology Challenge' in Great Britain as a...
- Doing our bit with DoC. Vahry, Peter // NZ 4WD;Dec2015, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p50
The article deals with the spread of the Phytophthora taxon Agathis disease or Kauri die back in New Zealand. The Department of Conservation (DoC) is said to be seeking to protect the Maratotoa area from the incursion of the disease. According to the author, four-wheel drive (4WD) owners may...
- GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS ON REGULATIONS AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR QUADRICYCLES. Pavlovic, Ana; Fragassa, Cristiano // International Journal for Quality Research;2015, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p657
In recent years, a new class of compact vehicles has been emerging and wide-spreading all around Europe: the quadricycle. These four-wheeled motor vehicles, originally derived from motorcycles, are a small and fuel-efficient mean of transportation used in rural or urban areas as an alternative...
- Follow the code. Corrigan, Andrea // NZ 4WD;Jun2013, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p33
The article offers outdoor safety tips for four-wheel drive (4WD) vehicle drivers. It advises drivers to plan their route by seeking information from the New Zealand Department of Conservation (DoC) Visitor Centres, i-SITEs and local operators. It suggests drivers to anticipate weather changes...
- Hard winter heats up awd-vehicle sales. Serafin, Raymond // Automotive News;2/21/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5539, p8
Reports on the increase in demand for all-wheel-drive (awd) vehicles during the winter of 1993. Consumer interest in awd cars and trucks' appropriateness for the winter season; Sales increase of Subaru of America in January 1994 compared to sales of 1993; Emphasis of dealers on leasing.
- Three questions. White, Slaton L. // Field & Stream;May96, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p94
Presents tips for buying a four-wheel-drive (4x4) automobile. Specifications to look for including engine power; Temperature under the hood; Drivetrain for neutralizing four-wheel-drive.
- River deep mountain high. Nagley, Jay // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Aug95, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p42
Presents four-wheel-drive vehicle models in Great Britain. Includes the Grand Cherokee; Defender; Mercedes G-Wagen; Shogun; Land Cruiser.
- Flexible flyers. McCluggage, Denise // Skiing;Oct93, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p44
Discusses sport/utility vehicles (SUV) and the features that make them appealing to skiers. Their high road-clearance; Four-wheel drive; Spacious interiors; The race to bring new vehicles to market; The Ford Explorer/Mazda Navajo; Isuzu's 1993 Trooper LS; Toyota Land Cruiser; Optional features;...