A GUIDE FOR NURSES
- Critical Thinking. Hynes, Patricia // Dynamics;Fall2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p4
As the Canadian Association of critical Care Nurse board of directors prepares to release the third edition of Standards for Critical Care Nursing Practice, greater emphasis on patient safety and infection control are among the key changes to the document. One of the most important ways that...
- CRITICAL-CARE NURSING. Voorman, Dorothy // RN;Sep76, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p21
Presents forecasts for the nursing profession as of September 1976. Developments in the profession; Reasons for the increase in number of nurses involved in critical care; Expected changes in the setting of critical care; Responsibilities of a critical care nurse.
- COGITARE ENFERMAGEM: 15 ANOS DE HISTÃ“RIA. de Almeida Cruz, Elaine Drehmer // Cogitare Enfermagem;abr-jun2010, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p205
The author discusses the significant development of the journal which is under the banner of the Department of Nursing at Federal University of Parana in ParanÃ¡, Brazil. The author points out that the journal is responsible in disseminating information related to nursing and other health...
- Public health nursing vital. Allen, Carol Easley // Nation's Health;Jun2000, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p3
Discusses information on public health nursing. Definition of public health nursing; Details on public health nurses and their concerns.
- In brief. // Nursing Standard;11/24/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p4
The article presents news related to the nursing sector in Scotland and Wales. The Scotland government's Emergency Workers Bill offers only greater protection to A&E staff. Nurses are at risk of being more than Â£1,800 a year worse off in retirement if the government presses ahead with its...
- Critical thinking at the bedside: a practical perspective. Edwards, Sharon // British Journal of Nursing;10/23/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p1142
Offers a comprehensive review of critical thinking from both a theoretical and practical perspective. Extent of the theoretical detail with regard to critical thinking; Complexity and difficulty of interpreting the many models developed from the literature in relation to clinical practice...
- Letters. Siegler, Kate; Vance, Edith; Godin, Norma C.; Mabry, F.B. // RN;Jan91, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p9
Presents comments from nurses on articles published affecting their practice.
- Disappointment over review chair's comments. // Community Practitioner;Jan2011, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on the reaction from health visitors in Great Britain to the comments made by member of parliament Frank Field (MP), which was reported in the newspaper "The Times." The Labor MP commented that health visitors visited families that offered them cups of tea. Anne Hawkins,...
- Reviews. LeMone & Burkeâ€™s Adult Nursing -- Acute and Ongoing Care. Benbow, Judith // Nursing Standard;1/7/2015, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p32
No abstract available.