Taking a look at our report card
- Slow and steady as she goes. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2012, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p28
The article discusses the forecast for the U.S. trailer truck industry in 2013. According to the author, the growth that the trailer industry experienced from 2010 to 2012 was not sustainable so it will have to settle for slow and modest improvement, particularly since the housing and...
- Trailer shipments soften in third quarter. // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2005, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p92
This article provides an update on trailer shipments as of November 2005. According to Peter Toja, president of Economic Planning Associates, momentum in trailer shipments paused in the third quarter. The estimated complete trailer shipments for the third quarter was given. It was found that the...
- TTMA convention reflects the strength of the trailer market. SAUER, BRUCE // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;6/1/2013, p22
The article discusses the highlights of the 71st annual convention of the Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association (TTMA) held in Point Clear, Alabama. Highlights of the event that attracted 431 people, included the annual trailer forecast. A panel featuring representatives from leading truck...
- Building better bodies. Deierlein, Bob // Beverage World;Aug96, Vol. 115 Issue 1621, p102
Reports on the engineering advances in manufacturing beverage bodies/trailers by Mickey Truck Bodies in High Point, North Carolina. Upgrading of the computer-assisted design system; Solid Edge computer software; Efficiency and productivity enhancement.
- Implications for parts departments. Sauer, Bruce // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2014, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p4
The author reflects on the vital role played by aftermarket parts and accessories in the commercial truck and trailer industry as of October 2014. He cites the vertical integration trend at the International Motor Show (IAA) in Germany, the Krone brand's "All-in Krone concept" of offering a...
- Tips for welding aluminum. MORGAN, MICHAEL; DORIA, GREGORY D. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2014, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p26
The article advises truck body and trailer manufacturers about the use of automation in performing aluminum welds quickly and reliably. Topics covered include the factors that must be considered before welding aluminum, the difference between mechanized and flexible automation, and the areas of...
- Advancements in pre-painted aluminum offer options to van manufacturers. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2014, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p28
The article discusses the advantages of the advancements in pre-painted aluminum to truck and trailer body manufacturers. These include the improved machinability within the fabrication process, the increase in cosmetic longevity throughout the life of the product, and the enhanced corrosion...
- TRAILER/BODY BUILDERS BUYER'S GUIDE 2003. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2003 Buyer's Guide Issue, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p94
Presents a buyer's guide to products and services that are vital to the operation of truck and trailer manufacturers, distributors and dealers in the U.S.
- Ejection bodies gaining ground. Banner, Steve // Motor Transport;5/8/2003, p7
Describes the EuroKonstructor ejection trailer launched by trailer and body maker EuroEjectors. Description; Features; Cost.