AUSMARINE 2010 returns to the "state of excitement."
- Going the extra mile. Lancaster, Pat // Middle East;Nov2010, Issue 416, p51
The article discusses the growth of the travel market in the Middle East despite the continued economic crisis.
- Hints of moderate recovery beckon; but immense tragedy overshadows industry hope. Pasternak, Lois // Travel Markets Insider Magazine;Feb/Mar2010, p1
The article discusses the performance of duty free, travel retail, and tourism industries after being hit by the global financial crisis.
- Menorca. // AirGuide Business;1/4/2010, p5
The article reports on the impact of the global economic recession on the tourism of Menorca, Spain in 2009.
- Las Vegas scoops 40% rise in Brit visitors as flight and hotel rates fall! Robertson, Edward // Travel Weekly (UK);6/11/2010, Vol. 5, p27
The article reports that decline in flight and hotel rates due to recession resulted in an increase of 40% in the number of British visitors to Las Vegas, Nevada.
- New Zealand. // AirGuide Business;3/1/2010, p10
The article reports on figures from the New Zealand Ministry of Tourism which indicated that the amount of money spent by international visitors reached 6.2 billion U.S. dollars in 2009 despite the global financial crisis.
- Viewpoint. BETETA, CAROLINE // Orange County Business Journal;7/20/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p43
In this article the author focuses on the growth of the tourism industry during the recession. According to the U.S. Conference board, the consumer confidence increased in May 2009 which reflected in the travelers intentions for vacations. The percentage of those planning to decrease travel fell...
- Tourism: Brighter Future. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Sep2009, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p1
The article presents an outlook for the tourism industry in Barbados for 2009. Tourism data for the first three months of the year indicate that the country is still suffering from the impact of the global economic downturn. There has been an 8.6 percent decline in year-to-date arrivals from the...
- TOURIST MOVEMENTS AND EXPENDITURE IN ISTRIA IN CONDITIONS OF GLOBAL ECONOMIC CRISIS. RUŽIĆ, PAVLO; MEDICA, IVANA // Tourism & Hospitality Management;May2010 Supplement, p191
Globalisation is a complex process in which the world economy is shaped and equally affects tourism. At the end of 2008, global economy was hit by the economic crisis, which did not bypass tourism, as its integral part. The consequences of the economic crisis are the decline of financial and...
- IMPACTS OF GLOBAL ECONOMIC CRISIS ON DEMAND, LENGTH OF STAY, EXPENDITURE AND SATISFACTION OF TOURISTS IN RURAL ISTRIA. BOŠKOVIĆ, DESIMIR; SAFTIĆ, DARKO; POROPAT, DAVID // Tourism & Hospitality Management;May2010 Supplement, p273
Although the global economic crisis has affected almost all countries of the world, developed and less developed alike, its greatest impact is felt in transition countries and countries that depend upon the inflow of foreign capital. Data on drops in GDP in the period from January to August...