Public perceptions--the need for balance
- A Note From the Editor-in-Chief. // Journal of State Taxation;May/Jun2006, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Maryann Gall and Laura Kulwicki on the holdings in New Mexico, Oklahoma, and New Jersey economic presence cases and another by Carol Kokinis-Graves on the positions of a number of U.S. states.
- Review of UK taxation. Donaghy, Eamonn // Accountancy Ireland;Jun97, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p38
Reviews developments and changes in taxation in Great Britain. Conversion of personal pension schemes to FSAVC; Provision on the self assessment late filing penalty; Ruling based on an onerous agreement release payment; Judgment on a negligent advice issue; Amendment to the changes proposed in...
- Tax legislation consolidation. // Accountancy Ireland;Jun97, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p53
Reports on the inclusion of a draft Taxes Consolidation Bill 1997 in the published White Paper in Ireland. Effects of the draft proposals upon enactment; Incorporation of the provisions in the 1997 Finance Bill into the draft consolidation proposals; Representation of the White Paper of the...
- Revenue and revenue audit. // Accountancy Ireland;Jun97, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p53
Reports on the attempt of the Revenue to clarify the tax treatment applicable to finance leases. List of items not included in the Revenue's adjustment measures; Overview of the Revenue's position on the euro; Issuance of multipliers for assets disposed of in 1997-98; Issuance of a revenue...
- Submissions. // Accountancy Ireland;Jun97, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p55
Reports on the submissions initiated by the Taxation Committee on a tax bill in Ireland. Committee's acceptance of the provisions relative to relief from income tax; Response to an invitation from the Dail Select Committee on Finance and General Affairs; Submission on the October 1997 Budget.
- Revenue. // Accountancy Ireland;Oct97, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p49
Presents news items related to tax regulations and publications issued by the Revenue Commission of Ireland. Features of the publication `Notes for Guidance on the Financial Act 1997'; Rules on the payment of the 1995-1996 preliminary tax; Statement on changes in value added tax registration...
- Compliance deadlines. // Accountancy Ireland;Oct97, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p50
Focuses on the tax deadlines in Ireland from October to December 1997. Includes due date for payment of preliminary corporation tax for companies; Last date for filing corporation tax return; Due date for preliminary tax payment in respect of income tax.
- TALC. // Accountancy Ireland;Oct97, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p50
Presents news items related to the Taxation Administration Liaison Committee (TALC) in Ireland as of October 1997. Appointment of Jack Crowley as CCAB-I representative of the committee; Results of a survey on the views by accountants on the proposal to change the due date for preliminary tax.
- Developments in UK taxation. Donaghy, Eamonn // Accountancy Ireland;Apr98, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p24
Reports on developments in taxation in Great Britain as of April 1998. Includes corporation tax; Fixed profit car scheme; Stamp duty; Employment termination settlements; Professional income; Property development schemes.