Living in a world of fallen walls
- Your Best Work. WINANS, PAUL // Remodeling;May2014, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p34
The article focuses on the passion of en employee who worked for 23 years at an eatery called Top Dog.
- Fighting Old Stereotypes. San Miguel, Kristen // Ward's Dealer Business;Mar2005, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p44
Reports the nationwide shortage of automotive technicians in the U.S. Approximation of the employees shortage in the industry; Perception of individuals towards the industry as a factor in the shortage; Qualification of the applicants creates company problem in hiring.
- Tech puts starch in blue-collar jobs. McDonald, Michael // Crain's New York Business;05/08/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p1
Reports on how the digital revolution is providing thousands of jobs for blue-collar workers in New York City. Companies' recruitment of people with basic technical skills; Need for people to over-see the growing systems for directing and controlling high-speed communications; Heavy demand for...
- Finding the perfect employee means selling the perfect job. W.J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/19/96, Vol. 197 Issue 8, p60
Editorial. Explores the correlation between career opportunities and employee selection standards of the heating and ventilation industry. Bias against blue-collar jobs workers.
- Blue-collar job prospects pick up in Stamford-Greenwich region. Rosenkrantz, Holly // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/18/96, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p6
Reports that spring may bring more blue-collar job opportunities in the Stamford-Greenwich, Connecticut region, according to a quarterly survey of area employers by Manpower Temporary Services. More encouraging prospects in the region than in the state; Seasonal trends.
- Spoiled Heroes. // Time;5/28/1951, Vol. 57 Issue 22, p40
The article focuses on China's Patriotic Emulation Drive which has created a glamorized class of labor heroes. The class of labor heroes is comprised of workers who speed up production and were provided vacations at the best resorts or trips to Peking. Seventy laborers from Shanghai visited West...
- Manual workers have less access to benefits. // Personnel Today;7/9/2002, p51
Reports research results on access to workplace benefits of manual workers in Great Britain. Disparity of workplace benefits between manual workers and senior management; Access of executives to occupational pension; Inequality of employee access on occupational sick schemes.
- CURRENT DETERMINANTS OF EARLY RETIREMENT AMONG BLUE COLLAR WORKERS IN POLAND. Szubert, Zuzanna; Sobala, Wojciech // International Journal of Occupational Medicine & Environmental H;Apr2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p177
Background: The current demographic trend in Poland indicates a progressive ageing process, which will result in a decreased number of persons at the age of work capability. Thus it is essential to find out the reasons for the diminished occupational activity of elderly workers. The aim of the...
- Hurting For Workers, Companies Offer Perks to Grads in Skilled Trades. // Community College Week;02/07/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p16
Reports that many companies in Saint Louis, Missouri are offering perks for blue-collar workers in skilled trades. Average job offers received by Ranken Technical College for each student who graduates from one of its two-year technical programs; Information on the program offered by Carr Lane...