The dilemma of establishing effective pharmacy staffing levels
- Homework holds key to R.Ph. services success. Ukens, Carol // Drug Topics;10/7/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 19, p41
Reports on the need for pharmacists to prepare themselves and know what services to provide to patients and physicians. Securing of reports about drugs dispensed; Identification of patient populations to find out what services are needed.
- Disseminating "Medicine Access and Use" Research. Babar, Zaheer // Southern Med Review;Dec2008, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one about the Discipline of Social Pharmacy at Universiti Sains Malaysia, another one about practice and policy from Nepal and Pakistan, and the relationship between studying organisational theory and the improvement of...
- Managed care expert calls for retraining of pharmacists. Muirhead, Greg // Drug Topics;9/18/95, Vol. 139 Issue 18, p51
Reports on the assertion made by Bob Johnson of PCS Health Systems on the need for community pharmacists to get training in patient care management and pharmacoeconomics to prepare for a shift in practice from drug distribution to managing patients' therapy.
- Development of pharmacist-led wellness clinic using the clinical pharmacist practitioner model. DeLucenay, Alex; Scott, Mollie Ashe; Bunting, Barry // Journal of the American Pharmacists Association: JAPhA;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p118
A letter to the editor is presented about the use of the clinical pharmacist practitioner model to develop the pharmacist-led wellness clinic.
- PBMs offer remedy for partial-fill headaches. // Drug Topics;9/1/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 17, p68
Focuses on the services provided by pharmacy benefit managers that enable them to process claims for only the amount of medication that a pharmacy dispenses in the U.S. Lawsuits filed against pharmacists for billing patients or payers for full orders when only partially filled prescriptions...
- Check your assumptions at the door. // Pharmacy Today;Jan2010, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p64
The article discusses some of the most common problems encountered in various pharmacies in the U.S. It cites on similarities in spelling of the drug name as well as the combination strengths contributed to the error. According to the article, the knowledgeable prescribing physician and the...
- Specialty pharmaceutical drug coverage. Walker, Tracey // Managed Healthcare Executive;Oct2007, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p55
The article reports on the management of special therapies of Aetna Pharmacy Management Fulfillment Operations in the U.S. It partners with its Aetna Specialty Pharmacy specializing in member care, and assessment of medical and pharmacy claim. Aetna provides information to doctors and patients...
- Pharmacists look to MTM as link from commodity to caregiver. Chater, Amanda // Drug Store News;9/25/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p18
The article reports on the desire of community pharmacies to be recognized as a health care destination through the Medication Therapy Management (MTM) in the U.S. MTM involves monitoring drug therapy in patients, providing education to them and their families regarding use of medications, and...
- Healthy goods and happy colors. Groeber, Janet // Display & Design Ideas;Apr2006, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p40
The article focuses on the new prototype of McCabe's Pharmacy, a 16-store independent drugstore chain headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, which emphasizes on wellness. At 4,500 sq. ft., the new prototype is a departure from many other drugstores in the United States. The customers will find the...