Preparing Professionals to Serve in a Reformed Health Care System
- Northeastern University's BouvÃ© College and Dukakis Center for Urban and Regional Policy Selected by Bipartisan Policy Center to Help Lead National Health Care Research Initiative. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/14/2011, p391
The article reports on the selection of BouvÃ© College of Health Sciences and Dukakis Center for Urban and Regional Policy at Northeastern University by the Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) to study the health care workforce in the U.S. It states that the research aims to establish a critical...
- Healthcare reforms won't work without changes in work force. // Modern Healthcare;1/22/96, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p28
Editorial. Asserts the need for the restructuring of the medical workforce to ensure the success of the market-based reform of the healthcare system in the United States. Overview on the reports released by the Pew Health Professional Commission; Need for cross-training of personnel and...
- Managed competition and California's health care economy. Enthoven, Alain C.; Singer, Sara J. // Health Affairs;Spring1996, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p39
Addresses the evidence that change is occurring in California health systems bringing about the current and potential impact of change on health care delivery. Connection between lower prices and the changes in health care delivery; Presentation of evidence of broad decline in health care costs...
- The Health Mobility Is All True Mobility? Olivadoti, Simona; Cislaghi, Cesare // International Journal of Health Policy & Management;Nov2015, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p781
In their study, Brenna and Spandonaro analyzed the mobility into Italian regions. In particular, it analyzes the situation of 5 regions, with very different backgrounds. With this paper, we try to better define the meaning of health mobility and to find its underlying causes. Furthermore, we...
- Senior house officers and their training. Grant, Janet; Marsden, P.; King, R.C. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/18/89, Vol. 299 Issue 6710, p1263
Assesses the experiences of a trained-senior house officer in medicine in Great Britain. Age differences of the respondents; Educational attainment of the senior house officers; Factors influencing the training performance of senior house officers.
- Educating accountable health professionals for Africa. Omaswa, Francis // Africa Health;Mar2011, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p7
In this article, the author discusses the significance of education and training in creating a new generation of accountable health professionals in Africa. He notes that the graduates are able to provide skilled healthcare where it is needed in their communities and health systems. He argues...
- (NCOA) 'Straight Talk' Campaign Aiming at Millions of Seniors. // Aging News Alert;7/30/2010, p21
The article presents information on Straight Talk for Seniors on Health Reform Campaign to aware elderly people about the positive impact of the Affordable Care health program.
- Shift Happens. Henley, Richard J. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr2000, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p14
Discusses the changes in the healthcare industry in the United States. Benefits of the addition of a system finance committee in its health system; Efforts made to expand the market for the industry.
- Beyond insurance: Do you know what else is in the law? WEINSTOCK, MATTHEW // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Aug2012, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p14
The article presents an overview of several provisions of the U.S. Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, including the value based purchasing program, the community-based care transitions program and the national five year bundled payment program, which have been implemented since 2010 and...