2009 - The devil is in the details...or not? A primer on individual patient data meta-analysis (Editorial)
- Citations and Clinicans' Notes: Hypertension: Complications. // Current Medical Literature: Nephrology & Hypertension;2003, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p114
Presents clinician notes on various fields in the study of hypertension focusing on its complications. Meta-analysis of the effects of treatment on left ventricular mass on essential hypertension.
- A Systematic Review of Pharmacological Pain Management in Multiple Sclerosis. Jawahar, Rachel; Oh, Unsong; Yang, Shibing; Lapane, Kate // Drugs;2013, Vol. 73 Issue 15, p1711
Background: Both chronic and acute pain have been cited as the most common symptoms amongst patients with multiple sclerosis (MS), with recent prevalence estimates as high as 83 %. The evidence for spasticity and trigeminal neuralgia pharmacological treatments in MS has been systematically...
- Pharmacological treatment of neuropsychiatrie symptoms in Alzheimer's disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Jun Wang; Jin-Tai Yu; Hui-Fu Wang; Xiang-Fei Meng; Chong Wang; Chen-Chen Tan; Lan Tan // Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry;Jan2015, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p101
Background A wide variety of pharmacological agents are used in the management of neuropsychiatric symptoms, which are common in Alzheimer's disease (AD), but results from randomised controlled trials (RCTs) on the efficacy and safety of these agents are conflicting. Objectives To quantify the...
- FOLIC ACID REDUCES FIRST STROKE RISK. Boylan, Matthew // Journal of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society;Mar2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p26
The article focuses on a meta-analysis that appeared in the periodical "Lancet" which associated folic acid to reduction in the risk of primary. Researchers postulated that folic acid supplementation might have a greater protective effect in primary rather than secondary prevention the disease...
- ACUTE ABDOMEN ASSOCIATED WITH THE INGESTION OF ERYTHROMYCIN ESTOLATE. Herskovic, Teodoro; Solis, Jorge; Villasana, Zeferino; Jinich, Horacio // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Feb1965, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p138
Presents information on the occurrence of acute abdomen caused by the ingestion of erythromycin estolate with regards to a woman who developed complications from the drug. Types of diseases caused by the drug; Information on her medical history; Treatments administered to the woman.
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: Epidemiologic Features, Treatment Approaches, Workday Loss and Return to Work/Disability Ratios. Kıralp, Mehmet Zeki; Dinçer, Ümit; Çakar, Engin; Dursun, Hasan // Turkish Journal of Rheumatology;Mar2009, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p1
Objective: The aim of this study was to assess the epidemiologic features of complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) and the effectiveness of the treatment approaches and to investigate its effects on working life. Material and Methods: The medical records of 106 consecutive patients who were...
- Nutritional Management in Enterocutaneous Fistula. What is the evidence? Badrasawi, Manal; Shahar, Suzana; Sagap, Ismail // Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p6
The management of Enterocutaneous fistula (ECF) is challenging. It remains associated with morbidity and mortality, despite advancements in medical and surgical therapies. Early nutritional support using parenteral, enteral or fystuloclysis routs is essential to reverse catabolism and replace...
- Research and audit. The role of skin therapists in the Netherlands-maintaining skin health lymphoedema. van Zanten, Malou; van den Dungen, Doortje; Rienstra, Carla; Kielstra-Oppenhuizen, Nienke; Stienstra, Patricia // Journal of Lymphoedema;Jun2014, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p22
No abstract available.
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster) Vaccine (Zostavax): A Review of Its Use in the Prevention of Herpes Zoster and Postherpetic Neuralgia in Adults Aged â‰¥50 Years. Keating, Gillian // Drugs;2013, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p1227
The live, attenuated shingles (herpes zoster) vaccine Zostavax is approved in the EU for use in the prevention of herpes zoster and postherpetic neuralgia in adults aged â‰¥50 years. In adults aged â‰¥60 years, zoster vaccine reduced the burden of illness associated with herpes zoster,...