Joe Lieberman as Rorschach Test
- DOVISH PARTY MIGHT CLIP HAWK'S WINGS. Barnes, James A. // National Journal;4/19/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p1244
Deals with the support of Senator Joe Lieberman of Connecticut to U.S. military action against Iraq and its impact on the perception of Democratic voters on his political candidacy. Argument of aides to Lieberman about the senator's record on the war; Political challenge for Lieberman;...
- Going by the `book'. Selle, Robert // World & I;Feb98, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p46
Profiles Republican US Senator Joseph Lieberman of Connecticut. Political philosophy; Career in politics; Lieberman's family background; Married life; Attitude in politics; Religiousness.
- Whatever Happened to... Elvin, John // Insight on the News;09/18/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p34
Features Tonie Nathan, the Libertarian Party candidate for vice president in 1972 in the United States. Achievements of Nathan in politics; Views on the candidacy of Connecticut Senator Joe Lieberman.
- Hollywood's Wild About Joe! Or Maybe It's Not. // National Journal;8/12/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 33, preceding p2579
Deals with the reactions of entertainment journalists in the United States on the appointment of Senator Joseph Lieberman as the running mate of presidential candidate Al Gore. Conflicting views about Lieberman.
- Smart As a Pistol. Tomasky, Michael // New York;06/18/2001, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p20
Focuses on the views of Joe Lieberman, who ran for vice president in the 2000 United States election, about their lost in Southern states. Factor that hinders him from campaigning in the South; Information on the op-ed written by Zell Miller regarding Southern culture; His views on gun control.
- ROUNDTABLE ON RELIGION IN POLITICS. Carter, Stephen; Ehrenreich, Barbara; Fish, Stanley; Sandel, Michael; Schaeffer, Judith; Stolzenberg, Nomi // Tikkun;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p23
Discusses the role of religion in politics. Comments on United States political candidate Joseph Lieberman's statement on bringing religion into public discourse; Impact of the religious beliefs of a political candidate on his or her campaign; Views on the hospitality of the public culture to...
- the kosher campaign. Horowitz, Craig // New York;08/21/2000, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p26
Deals with the selection of United States (U.S.) Senator Joseph Lieberman as the running mate of presidential candidate Al Gore for the national elections in November 2000. Reaction of the Jewish community in the U.S. to the selection of Lieberman; Several issues concerning politics and the...
- Democrats reclaim religious ground. // National Catholic Reporter;08/25/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p24
Editorial. Offers observations on the impact of religious rights on politics in the United States. Episode which illustrates the importance of religious rights on politics; Information on Republican convention when religious conservatives reached an apex of visibility; Implication of the...
- In the Name of God. Torobin, Jeremy // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Oct/Nov2000, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p38
Focuses on the use of religion in political campaigns in the United States (U.S.). Criticisms on Senator Joseph Lieberman by the Anti-Defamation League on his approach of using his religion; Other political figures in the U.S. who used religion in their campaigns; Suggestion of Michael...