Stimulating the Economy: ARE WE Moving too Fast?
- Change Credits to Benefit the Poor. Denton, Darryl // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/7/2011, Vol. 242 Issue 10, p24
The author reflects on the incoherence between federal tax efforts and efficiency legislation for the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment industry in the U.S. and the importance of changing energy tax credits policy for more efficiency that benefits the masses.
- Selling Green in a Changing Economy. Treas, Mike // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;1/19/2009, Vol. 236 Issue 3, p14
The article presents the author's comments on the impact of the changing U.S. economy on the heating and air conditioning (HVAC) industry. The author says that due to increase in the price of fuel and copper, HVAC manufacturers have reduced their market area to save fuel, and passed on their...
- Standards, Regs, and Bears, Oh My! Murphy, Mike // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/8/2008, Vol. 235 Issue 15, p22
The author reflects on the change of standards and regulations of the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) industry to efficiency standards in the U.S. The author cites the decision of Airconditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) of changing its...
- Lenders One Sees Little Impact Yet from Tax Credit. Finkelstein, Brad // Origination News;Jul2009, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p27
The article reports on the impact of U.S. President Barack Obama's tax credit in the activity of first-time homebuyers market in the U.S.
- Shifting Cabinet. // Hill;12/8/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 131, p14
The author ponders on the early Cabinet appointments rendered by President-elect Barack Obama in the U.S.
- Obama pitfalls looming. Keene, David // Hill;4/15/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p17
The author reflects on the chances of Barack Obama to win in the 2008 U.S. presidential elections, and its implications for American politics.
- WHAT THE MEDIA SAY. // Hill;7/30/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 88, p32
The author reflects on the foreign trips of U.S. presidential candidate Barack Obama.
- Obama's Cabinet will promote gay rights. DeKoven, Rob // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/18/2008, Issue 1095, p23
The author anticipates the possible support of U.S. President Barack Obama for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) community.
- The Thing That Cannot Be Spoken. York, Byron // Hill;8/1/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 90, p17
The author reflects on the indicators identified by David Letterman that Senator Barack Obama has become overconfident.