A time to retool and a time to rethink
- Lean: It's for distributors, too. // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2009, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p18
The article reports that Layton Truck Equipment of Denver, Colorado Springs is using the lean approach to control quality and improve efficiency for truck equipment shops as well as its parts, sales and administrative departments. The company, which is part of the Auto Truck Group that is based...
- Suburban Truck Parts joins VIPAR network. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2013, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p98
The article reports that Suburban Truck Parts in Worth, Illinois has joined the VIPAR Heavy Duty network of distributors as a stockholder.
- Gardner Denver division authorizes service center. // Modern Bulk Transporter;Jun2003, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p41
Reports on the warranty service training for truck blower distributors launched by Gardner Denver Inc.'s truck blower division.
- TRAILER SUSPENSIONS: Package deal. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;Sep2000, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p61
Discusses the advances made by manufacturers of truck suspension systems. Integration of axle and brake components; Description on the technology used by manufacturers; Advantages of integration; Samples of the integrated axle and brake suspension system. INSET: Onboard weighing..
- Unitized hub reduces operating temperatures. // Fleet Owner;Apr97, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p46
Features Stemco Inc.'s Advantage 2000 unitized hub precision-sized bearing spacer and a patented oil distribution system. Advantages; Capabilities; Key features.
- Tails for trucks. // Popular Mechanics;Jun95, Vol. 172 Issue 6, p32
Reports on a device called aerodynamic inflatable boattail, invented by Herb Carper, which reduces aerodynamic drag that slows down long-distance trucks and buses.
- Fleets catch up with technology. Harrington, Lisa // Transportation & Distribution;Apr95, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on innovations in truck equipment and technology in the United States. Engine models that reduce fuel consumption and emissions; Ergonomics in cab designs; Use of finite element computer analysis to revolutionize cab structure and prevent truck crashes; Communications and computers;...
- PRODUCTS & SERVICES. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jun2002, Vol. 159 Issue 6, p70
Features several products and services offered in the trucking industry in the U.S. Product offering of Spicer D-800F and D-800W steer axles from Dana company; Specifications of Underbody Service Lightning System form TST company; Usability of the hand tools from Kiene Diesel Accessories.
- Home improvement. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2003, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p32
Reports on Layton Truck Equipment being able to double the size of its parts showroom by moving to the former home improvement center in Colorado Springs as of October 2003. Benefits of the location to the company; Products sold by the company; Principle of the company in laying out the...