The budget's message to medical science: Quick! Get a shovel!
- Beware the Canadian fiscal model. Jackson, Andrew // Renewal (0968252X);2010, Vol. 18 Issue 1/2, p81
The article examines the decisions and plans implemented by former Canadian Finance Minister and Prime Minister Paul Martin regarding the country's fiscal policy. It details how Martin implemented fiscal consolidation and cut federal transfers to persons and to provinces and discusses the...
- Revisiting Post-Confederation Fiscal Policy: Liberal Dissent from Conservative Deficits. Tatalovich, Raymond // Journal of Canadian Studies;Spring2013, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p180
The leading studies of post-Confederation fiscal policy (Perry 1955; Gillespie 1991) have assumed that both political parties favoured deficits to build public works, notably railroads, but these studies' research, which looked only at selected budget speeches, was inconclusive and misleading....
- MEASURING THE FISCAL PERFORMANCE OF CANADA'S PREMIERS, 2015. Lammam, Charles; Palacios, Milagros; Ren, Feixue // Canadian Student Review;Spring2015, p42
A chart is presented that measures the relative fiscal performance of 10 Canadian premiers up to the 2013/2014 fiscal year.
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // Canada Country Monitor;Jan2012, p15
The article presents an outlook for the Canadian fiscal policy in 2011-2016.
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // Canada Country Monitor;Mar2012, p15
The article forecasts the fiscal policy for Canada from 2012 to 2016 in which the federal government is expected to focus on policies relevant to improvement in industrial productivity such as funding research and development in various industries.
- Harder on the Fiscal Brake. // Time;3/26/1951, Vol. 57 Issue 13, p43
The article focuses on fiscal policies implemented by the government of Canada to address inflation in 1951.
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // Canada Country Monitor;Feb2012, p15
The article provides an overview of the fiscal policy outlook in Canada for 2011-2016, forecasting fiscal deficits to continue and increase in the export market outreach.
- Why State Invaders? Trew, Stuart // CCPA Monitor;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including tax policies of Canada, declined low royalty rates on national resource extraction, and foreign investment promotion and protection agreement (FIPA) of Canada with Guinea.
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // Canada Country Monitor;Nov2011, p15
The article focuses on the economic and fiscal policy outlook in Canada, in which the government has focused on the fiscal deficit reduction and policies that support to improve productivity issues.