Buddy, can you spare a billion?
- December Class 8 orders lowest in two years. // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2009, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p6
This article reports on the decline in Class 8 net orders for December 2008, according to FTR Associates' North American Commercial Truck and Trailers Outlook service. Only 119,100 units were sold during the three-month period from October-December 2008. The forecast for 2009 faces a downward...
- Smooth road. Davis, Mary // Bulk Transporter;Oct2006, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p34
The article focuses on the improvement of the economy of the tank truck industry. At the annual 2005 Southern Bulk Carriers Day, the absence of petroleum tank trailers was obvious as carriers were busy handling an increase in business. The boom across all markets meant manufacturers were busy...
- Can manufacturers keep up? WEBER, RICK // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2011, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p28
The article highlights the forecast of FTR Associates president Eric Starks on the truck and trailer industry. He says in 2011, trailer production will reach 180,000. He adds that regulatory activity is affecting trucking productivity. Starks claims that over the next three or four years,...
- Trailer production levels stabilizing: FTR. // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2010, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p10
The article highlights the projected market improvement for trailers in 2010 with the stabilization of production levels.
- How the game is changing. // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2011, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p32
An introduction to the Heavy Duty Dialogue 2011 held in Las Vegas, Nevada on January 17, 2011 which gathered speakers to identify trends in the truck and trailer industry, is presented.
- CALENDAR. // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2011, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p53
A calendar of events related to the truck and trailer industry from March to November 2011 is presented, including the Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS) in Kentucky, the Commercial Vehicle Show in Birmingham, England and Trailer 2011 trade fair in Belgium.
- Alphabetical list of manufacturers. // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2014, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p54
No abstract available.
- Global heavyweight challenges. Smith, Simon Duval // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p28
The article discusses the growth of the world truck industry. It highlights increases in production and sales of truck makers in 2010. It attributes the trend to rising demand for trucks in Europe and across the globe, according to the European Automobile Manufacturers' Association (ACEA). The...
- China's Heavy Truck Demand Stays Weak in 1Q: ACT. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;7/ 2/2012, p4
The article discusses the findings of the China Commercial Vehicle Outlook in the first quarter of 2012 which shows a decline in heavy-duty truck production due to a weak freight market and a higher demand for bus production resulting from expected growth in the travel industry.