Living in a Glass House: New Disclosure Standards for CFP Stakeholders
- Dan Candura on Succession Planning, the Workplace Market, and Ethical Challenges. Schulaka, Carly // Journal of Financial Planning;May2015, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p14
An interview with Certified Financial planner (CFP) practitioner Dan Candura. He answers how his previous experience of being a schoolteacher has helped him in the profession of financial planning. He presents the pros and cons of being a solo practitioner and recommends collaborative efforts....
- On Fiduciary Duty: Have We Set the Bar Too High? Duska, Ronald F. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Jan2009, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p20
The article analyzes ethical standards for financial planners, focusing on the concept of fiduciary duty. A hypothetical example is presented to illustrate some of the dilemmas which can arise when attempting to apply abstract ethical admonitions to problematic real-world conditions. It is...
- Could you be a Certified Financial Planner? // Banking Ireland;Spring2011, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p21
The article looks at the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation in Ireland. It notes that the designation marks the CFP professional as an ethical, knowledgeable, competent, and professional to the highest global standards. It also mentions that Financial Planning Standards Board (FPSB)...
- Strictly Speaking. Duska, Ronald F. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Sep2000, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p29
Discusses the code of ethics for Certified Financial Planner designees which focuses on integrity. Story of Pinnochio; Description of integrity; Use in mathematics; Development of a conscience; Emphasis on integrity from traditional ethical theories.
- pfp news. // Accounting Today;Feb2014, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p25
This section offers news briefs on financial planning including the computer-based testing for certification by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. and a study showing that corporate social responsibility (CSR) influences investor decisions.
- PFP BRIEFS. // Accounting Today;11/29/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p20
Presents news briefs on personal financial planning programs in the U.S. as of November 29, 2004. Institutions selected by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. for its financial planning education programs; Launch of the GE Principal Protection Advantage program by GenWorth...
- CE TEST. // Investment Advisor;Aug2011, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p84
A continuing education (CE) test pre-reviewed by the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards is presented.
- CE QUIZ NOV. 11. // Financial Planning;Nov2011, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p138
A Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards' continuing education credit quiz on financial planning is presented.
- June 2013. // Investment Advisor;Jun2013, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p96
The article presents a continuing education quiz for investment advisors for credit to the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards.