TechSpin: Motorola's Lessons in Consumer Marketing
- Swinging Look for Cellphones. Kirschner, Suzanne Kantra; Everett, Jenny // Popular Science;May2002, Vol. 260 Issue 5, p13
Introduces the V70 cellular telephone from Motorola. Features of the phone; Price.
- MoviStar and Motorola team up for Moto Moda. Rentas-Giusti, Laura // Caribbean Business;3/27/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p41
Reports on Motorola Inc.'s launching of phones at the San Juan Fashion Week in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Partnership with wireless provider MoviStar and former Miss Puerto Rico Desiree Lowry to introduce V601 and T720 models; Advertising campaign launched in 2002.
- An example of an editor and publisher being on the same
page. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;8/25/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p26
A 300-page illustrated history of Motorola Inc. with about same importance of one of Schaumburg, Illinois-based company's original cellular phones mentions the eight-track tape player production of 10-millionth accelerometer sensor and even a 1941 offering called Playboy radio. But there's nary...
- Mobile chip offers low power, high output. // eWeek;9/15/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p10
Motorola Inc. this week will introduce a processor for cell phones and PDA that focuses on high-resolution video and low power consumption. With an ARM-based core, the i.MX 21 applications processor can let a device run a video and send an e-mail message at the same time without affecting the...
- Motorola Drives On. // Wireless Week;04/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p20
Presents information on the additional features of the cellular telephones from Motorola company through its partnership with MapInfo Corp. Information on the driving directions and maps that can become available in selected Motorola handsets.
- Motorola Expands Web Access to Cellular. Murphy, Tom // Electronic News;02/28/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the move of Motorola Inc. to add Internet access features to its cellular telephone line. Advantages of the features for customers; Deals announced by Motorola with content providers.
- Motorola Results Say Handsets Healthy. Haber, Carol // Electronic News;07/24/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 30, p54
Looks at the second-quarter sales and earnings of Motorola Corp. in the cellular telephone market for the year 2000. Expectations on unit sales of cellular telephones; Significance of the revenue result; Comments regarding the demand for the product.
- New point of entry. Els, Frik // Finweek;11/2/2006, p103
The article reports on the emergence of U.S.-based Motorola Inc. in the growing market of cellphone with its introduction of affordable handsets. Motorola has introduced a new entry-level phone called Motofone which promises a low-cost handset, and the phone is expected to be available on the...
- Motorola revs up for Razr. Cuneo, Alice Z. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/22/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p10
The article informs that Motorola Inc., is hoping to put the ghost of Christmas past behind it and believing it has designed the mobile-phone equivalent of the iPod. If the marketing campaign delivers, it is also an opportunity to prove that Motorola Razr V3 cellular telephone can retail for...