TechSpin: Has Microsoft Seen The Light?
- Microsoft turns to business. Evers, Liesbeth // Accountancy;Oct2002, Vol. 130 Issue 1310, p32
The article focuses on the entrance of computer software company Microsoft Corp. into the accountancy software market. With its recent acquisition of Navision, Microsoft has found a solid knowledge base of diversity in European accountancy needs, that has been embedded in its new business...
- IN BRIEF. // Computer Weekly;10/25/2005, p4
The article presents news briefs related to the field of information technology. Microsoft Corp. has issued an alert warning users of problems with its ActiveSync 4.0 synchronization software for mobile devices, which affects desktop firewall software. Oracle Corp. has released a quarterly patch...
- Oracle's latest coup: Siebel. Ferguson, Renee Boucher // eWeek;9/19/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p11
The article focuses on Oracle Corp.'s $5.85 billion acquisition of CRM giant Siebel Systems Inc. Oracle has ongoing acquisition integration work to maintain, it's acquired nine companies in as many months, and it's in the throes of Project Fusion, a combination of its own software and acquired...
- More skills needed for mature market. Bellinger, Alan // IT Training;Dec2003/Jan2004, p52
Past few years have witnessed consolidation among relational database providers and the market is now dominated by just three vendors such as Oracle Corp. with its 9i technology, IBM Corp.'s cross-platform DB2 product and Microsoft Corp.'s burgeoning SQL Server 2000. There has been a...
- EDF Buys Big Stake In Wind Project Set to Serve Microsoft. Adamek, Steve // San Diego Business Journal;7/21/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p24
The article reports on the acquisition of 96 percent stake in the planned 175-megawatt Pilot Hill Wind Project from San Diego-based EDF Renewable Energy which has 20-year powerpurchase agreement with Microsoft Corp., an American multinational company.
- Untitled. // Appliance Manufacturer;Dec2002, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p20
Reports developments related to electronics in the U.S. as of December 2002. Development of a computer software to speed the movement of data by Microsoft; Release of a plastic recycling method for flame retardants; Acquisition of the Industrial de Acabados by Akzo Nobel Coatings.
- Microsoft snags tools vendor Visio for $1.3 billion. April, Carolyn A. // InfoWorld;09/20/99, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p22
Reports on Microsoft's acquisition of Visio, vendor of visualization software and diagramming tools. Terms of the deal; Information on Visio Enterprise 5.0 computer software.
- Microsoft to acquire Vicinity Corp. // New Hampshire Business Review;11/1/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p2B
Reports on the plan of Microsoft Corp. to acquire software company Vicinity Corp. Value of the deal; Background on Vicinity; Number of employees of Vicinity in California and New Hampshire.
- destinationCRM Dashboard. // CRM Magazine;Nov2005, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p23
Presents updates on the computer software industry in the U.S. as of November 2005. Decision of Oracle Corp. to buy its rival Siebel Systems; Acquisition of Voice over Internet Protocol software and services provider Teleo by Microsoft; Rank of customer relationship management software industry...