TechSpin: Is Bloomberg Worth $22.5 Billion?
- Industry NEWS: Bits & Pieces. // Smokeshop;Dec2013, p16
The article offers news briefs related to U.S. cigar industry as of December 2013 including the relocation of Logic Technology Development LLC, the acquisition between Clearette Electronic Cigarette Co. and Blackstone Distribution LLC, and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's approval on...
- Bloomberg: Renting Net bandwidth. Whitestone, Randy // Inter@ctive Week;03/17/97, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p62
Reports on the comments from Bloomberg Financial Markets chief, Michael Bloomberg on the cost-efficiency of renting Internet bandwidth services. Speed of data delivery on the medium; Bloomberg's confidence in the security of the Internet in delivering financial data; Plans to expand Internet...
- Michael Rubens Bloomberg. S.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/13/95, Vol. 125 Issue 7, p69
Profiles Bloomberg Financial Market founder Michael Rubens Bloomberg. Career history; Education; Annual revenue of the company; Broadcast financial news services offered by Bloomberg; Denial of the report concerning Reuter's offer to buy the company.
- The info mogul of the 1990s. Turner, Richard // Newsweek;8/4/1997, Vol. 130 Issue 5, p52
Profiles Michael Bloomberg, founder and president of the multibillion dollar Bloomberg L.P. which is an information provider. Career history of Bloomberg; Bloomberg news as being more data than depth.
- Bloomberg to become book publisher. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;2/19/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 8, p113
Reports on Michael Bloomberg's entry into the book publishing business with the start of operations of his Bloomberg Press. Publication of the imprints `Bloomberg Personal Bookshelf' and the `Bloomberg Personal Library'; Planned titles for 1996; Chief staffers.
- Michael Bloomberg. Schrage, Michael // Adweek Western Edition;11/16/98, Vol. 48 Issue 46, p8
Presents an interview with Michael Bloomberg, founder of the Bloomberg company. History of the company; Impact of the Internet on businesses; Opinion on branding and technology; Career background.
- Hazards of Reporting. SERWER, ANDY // Fortune;
An introduction is presented to an article on the business journalism and technology company Bloomberg LP and its primary owner, former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
- Stock news booms, and a business blooms. Francis, David R. // Christian Science Monitor;6/18/97, Vol. 89 Issue 142, p9
Presents information on the success of billionaire Michael Bloomberg and his company, Bloomberg LP. Background information on Bloomberg; Challenges which he faced; Bloomberg's regard for print journalism; Comments from Bloomberg; Advice from Bloomberg on how to succeed.
- The IQ Q&A: Michael Bloomberg. Schrage, Michael // MediaWeek;11/16/98, Vol. 8 Issue 43, IQ p8
Interviews Michael Bloomberg, the head of financial information service Bloomberg LP. Reasons for using Bloomberg as the company's name; Impact of the Internet on brand building; Valuation of Internet stocks; Importance of technology infrastructure as compared to brand.