Hensarling says no to economic stimulus bill
- History tells us not to leave regeneration to the markets. Garlick, Richard // Regeneration & Renewal;12/6/2010, p4
The author reflects on the controversial Cities Unlimited report released by the British think-tank Policy Exchange which claims that the regeneration and economic development policy of the coalition is a failure. He asserts that politicians fail to allow the Whitehall to use richer...
- Vote on master plan is tabled. BURD, JOSHUA // njbiz;11/19/2012, p12
The article reports on the move by New Jersey state planning officials to schedule in mid-November 2012 the voting on the new statewide plan for economic development and environmental preservation.
- Hudson Valley will gain millions in federal funds as part of new initiative. Pray, Tom E. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;04/24/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p1
Reports that the United States federal government is committing funding to various counties in the Hudson River Valley for economic development. Amount allocated by the federal government for economic development in the region; List of Hudson Valley counties covered by the economic development...
- New Hampshire: Umbrella economic development bill passes. // Planning;Feb94, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p5
Reports on legislation aimed at stimulating the economic development of the United States. 1994 funding for a state-local matching grant program; Creation of a committee to study regional planning and economic issues; Contact information.
- Vermont: Growth controls go to the top of the list. // Planning;Feb94, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p5
Focuses on the growth control laws concerning the economic conditions in Vermont. Preoccupation of the legislature on growth issues; Efforts to streamline Act 250; Bills passed for the development of review boards.
- Arena mania. // Business News New Jersey;05/31/99, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p10
Questions the trend in local governments in the United States towards the construction of arenas and stadiums aimed at economic development. Lack of documentation on the spendings on stadium projects; Alternatives to building stadiums.
- WEDA'S ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PRINCIPLES. // Wyoming Business Report;Jan201 Success Stories, p2
A list of the Wyoming Economic Development (ED) Association's criteria for legislative and ED policy and efforts is presented.
- Jordan's Debt Trade-off. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/5/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p17
Reports on the plans of Jordan for economic and social development. Outcome of the negotiations of Jordanian Finance Minister Michel Marto for a restructuring of debt to the Paris Club of creditor nations; Amount of allocation for socio-economic development in 2002; Geopolitical importance of...
- Green growth. PRABHU, SURESH // Harvard International Review;Winter98/99, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p68
Discusses the conflict between the environment and economic development in India. Issues within the conflict; Documents that outline India's policy framework for protecting environment; Issue between the consumption of energy and the disposal of waste generated by energy production; How India...