TechSpin: A White House Tech Czar?
- Looking Forward. Paultre, Alix // ECN: Electronic Component News;Feb2009, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p11
The author reflects on the initiative of President Barack Obama to appoint a chief technical officer (CTO) for the U.S. He discusses the positive impact of Obama's knowledge and use of the Internet on science and technology policies, direction and effort of the American people. He also relates...
- Barack Obama's Choice for CTO? Martin, Scott // Red Herring;11/14/2008, p1
The article presents a question on who should U.S. President-elect Barack Obama select to become chief technology officer (CTO) of the U.S.
- West Wing braces for staff exodus. Parnes, Amie // Hill;1/ 8/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p1
The article reports that the move of West Wing aides to depart from the White House will force U.S. President Barack Obama to go outside his comfort zone in seeking advisers.
- Obama administration supports lesbian employee's case. THANAWALA, SUDHIN // Between the Lines (10807551);7/14/2011, Issue 1928, p14
The article reports on the complaint filed by a lesbian federal employee regarding the refusal of government towards the health insurance benefits received by her same sex spouse and the U.S. President Barack Obama supports the case.
- Petition for an Extra Day Off at Christmas Falls Just Short of Demanding a Response. Gruber, Amelia // Government Executive;11/20/2014, p1
The article reports that an online petition signed by thousands of U.S. federal employees asking President Barack Obama to give civil servants a four-day weekend around the Christmas holiday in 2014, could not reach the 100,000 signatures mark needed to prompt a White House response. The request...
- Obama to issue exec. order on trans discrimination. Colletta, Jen // Philadelphia Gay News;7/4/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 27, p5
The article reports on the plan of U.S. President Barack Obama to issue an executive order that aims to protect federal employees from discrimination based on gender identity which was announced during a Pride gathering at the White House in June 2014.
- Welcome to 44's top 44. // Hill;11/21/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 133, Special section p3
The article lists the 44 government official to whom U.S. President Barack Obama has been relying to operate his administration and achieve his goals including chief of staff Denis McDonough, speechwriting director Cody Keenan, and deputy chief of staff for policy Rob Nabors.
- Legislators Respond to Obama's Bipartisan Efforts. Sardin, Thelma // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;12/8/2010, Vol. 43 Issue 44, p7
The article offers information on the bipartisan moves of U.S. President Barack Obama administration by freezing the salary of Federal employees which gain approval from Representative Danny Davis of Chicago, Illinois, but contrasted by Representative Bobby Rush of the 1st congressional district.
- Feds Petition President for Paid Holiday on Christmas Eve. Lunney, Kellie // Government Executive;12/1/2015, p1
The article focuses on two petitions to U.S. president Barack Obama for a paid holiday on December 24, 2015 for federal employees to enjoy a four-day Christmas weekend. The petitions have been posted on the We the People website, and require 100,000 signatures within a month to receive a...