The truth about getting Smart
- HR. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p3686
A definition of the acronym "HR" is presented. It refers to human resources.
- HRM. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p3689
A definition of the acronym "HRM" is presented. It refers to human resource management.
- Achieving personal and organizational goals. Rohlander, David G. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p30
Discusses ways on how managers can help employees achieve their personal and organizational goals. Importance of setting goals; Significance of having a written standard that directly relate personal performance to the goals of the organization; Usefulness of charts in monitoring employees'...
- Three goals for January. // Managing People at Work;Jan2012, Issue 358, p1
The article discusses three goals for personnel managers in January 2012 such as guiding employees to improve, letting workers pursue their initiatives, and examining the group before making major decisions.
- How to... get ahead in HR. Craig, Tara // Personnel Today;2/24/2009, p25
In the article, the author presents several tips for human resource (HR) executives to move ahead in an organization particularly during the economic recession. She states that the biggest hurdle in the progress of HR to the top of an organization's hierarchy chart is the lack of knowledge about...
- Briefs. // HR Magazine;Jun2011, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p18
This section offers news briefs on human resource management in the U.S. A report by the Institute for a Competitive Workforce reveals that the U.S. could be further away from achieving its science and technology improvement goals than previously thought. A survey from the website Dice.com found...
- A map for success. Pelusi, Philip // Smart Business Pittsburgh;Dec2008, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p10
An interview with Philip Pelusi, founder and Chief Executive Officer of Philip Pelusi Salons of Pittsburgh, is presented. When asked about the vitality of hiring employees that are more qualified than him, he refers to being sharp enough to learn things and the function of employees to grow and...
- Realizing Your Millennium Goals. Rohlander, David G. // American Salesman;Jan2000, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p6
Provides a proven formula for setting worthwhile personnel goals. Importance of setting goals; How a good leader should communicate the company's goals to employees.
- Know your imitations. Evans, Robin // Supply Management;7/3/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p40
The article presents tips on how purchasing professionals in Great Britain can improve their career. Purchasing professionals should first identify what they are aiming for and then consider what they need to reach their goal. An effective way to determine how professionals can implement...