EDITORIAL: Publication of Clinical Trials
- Canadian doctors paid recruiting fees by drug manufacturers. // Active Living: Newsletters;May2009, p5
The article reports on the revelation of several physicians in Canada that they earn thousands of dollars each year through recruiting patients for clinical trials. It says that many doctors are concerned about the ethical predicaments, the raising of conflict of interests, and the pressure to...
- Modifying Clinical Trial Designs to Test Treatments for Clinical Significance in Individual Patients. Becker, R.E. // Clinical Drug Investigation;2001, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p727
The aim of this article was to design clinical trials that test treatments for clinical significance in individual patients. In a repeated measures design a scalar summary statistic describes the clinical course of each individual. To provide satisfactory reliability for each patient's clinical...
- Can unequal be more fair? Ethics, subject allocation, and randomised clinical trials. Avins, Andrew L // Journal of Medical Ethics;Dec98, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p401
Examines several techniques for addressing the issue of randomised clinical trials. Suggestion that unbalanced randomisation may be useful for enhancing the ethical design of human experimentation; Approach to the dilemma of equipoise and randomised trials; Methodologic approaches to...
- CNE/CME questions. // IRB Advisor;Feb2010, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p24
A quiz about issues related to human experimentation in medicine is presented.
- "Reported and actual trial deaths differ". // BioSpectrum;Sep2012, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p18
The article reports that the Indian health ministry has attributed the cause of majority of reported clinical trial death cases not linked to trials.
- Allocation bias. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;6/6/2009, Vol. 338 Issue 7707, p1395
A quiz about the allocation of people to treatment in clinical trials is presented.
- Identifying barriers may improve adolescent and young adult clinical trial participation. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Oct2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p54
The article discusses research on how identifying barriers can improve adolescent and young adult clinical trial participation, by K. Read, published in the 2009 issue of "Pediatrics."
- Should There Be Regulatory Oversight of Clinical Trial Web Sites? Ehrenberger, Heidi E. // ONS News;Sep2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the oversight strategies used to accelerate the recruitment of participants in clinical trials. Pressures on industry-sponsored clinical research according to a report by the U.S. Office of the Inspector General; Use of Web sites in recruiting participants; Information concerning...
- St. Thomas Heart Performs New Heart Valve Procedure. // Tennessee Tribune;11/29/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p6B
The article reports that a team of cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons with Saint Thomas Heart at Saint Thomas Hospital are the first in the state to perform the first successful transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) via the transapical approach on patients not part of a clinical...