Inside Zimbabwe's cholera epidemic
- Cholera and Nothing More. Devakumar, Delan // Public Health Ethics;Apr2010, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p53
This is a personal account highlighting some of the difficulties in dealing with a contagious epidemic in a resource poor setting. It shows a situation where you are limited in what you can do and asks what you should do when the interests of the population and of the individual conflict.
- Tropocal medicine. // Caribbean Health;Apr1998, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p22
The article provides updates related to tropical medical care. Yellow fever is developed through nature wherein female mosquitoes and its progeny causes the transmission of the virus that has greatly affected African and South American region. The undercooked pork dumplings has caused...
- Cholera Outbreak in Haiti - November 2010. Scully, Mary-Louise // Travel Medicine Advisor;Dec2010, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p69
The article reports about the cholera outbreak in Haiti. According to Haiti's MinistÃ¨re de la SantÃ© Publique et de la Population (MSPP), there were 12,303 hospital admissions and 796 deaths in six geographic departments. It notes that the country efforts for the treatment of cholera case...
- Mythconceptions. Coward, Mat // Fortean Times;Dec2014, Issue 321, p23
The article informs that the World Health Organisation (WHO) has clarified that epidemics have never arisen from dead bodies. Topics discussed include the universal belief to the contrary and such belief as presumably a hangover from the days of the miasma theory, which postulated that disease...
- Cholera, Burundi. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;8/9/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 32, p269
Focuses on the cholera oubreak in Burundi reported by the country's Ministry of Health as of July 2002. Number of cases and fatalities recorded.
- Cholera, Niger. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;8/9/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 32, p270
Focuses on the cholera outbreak in Niger reported by the country's Ministry of Public Health as of July 2002. Number of deaths and cases recorded.
- Cholera, Burundi (update). // Weekly Epidemiological Record;8/16/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 33, p277
Informs on the number of cases of cholera in Burundi as of August 5, 2002. Deaths since the outbreak in June 2002.
- Cholï¿½ra, Cï¿½te d'Ivoire. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;8/16/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 33, p277
Informs on the number of cases of cholera in Cote d'Ivoire as of July 14, 2002.
- Introduction. Wright, David; Mercier, Michael E. // Urban History Review / Revue d'Histoire Urbaine;Spring2008, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Julia Irwin on the urban epidemics in North America and another by John Osborne on the 1832 cholera epidemic that swept through America and Europe.