The Business of Providing High-Quality Centent to Mayo Clinic Proceedings' Readrs: 2009 and Beyond
- Spells: Cast a wide but defensibl diagnostic net. // Modern Medicine;Nov95, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p45
Presents an abstract of the article `Spell: In search of a cause,' by W.F. Young Jr and D.E. Maddox from the `Mayo Clinic Proceedings' dated August 1995. INSET: Working up the patient who has spells..
- Forever Caring. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Jan2005, Vol. 80 Issue 1, Pages Prior p1
Presents the table of contents for the January 2005 issue of the journal "Mayo Clinic Proceedings."
- Treatment of periocular capillary hemangioma. KRIPKE, CLARISSA C. // American Family Physician;1/1/1999, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p182
Presents a summary of the study `Periocular capillary hemangioma: a review for pediatricians and family physicians,' by E. Y. Yap, et al from the `Mayo Clinic Proceedings' dated August 1998.
- Oral or transdermal estrogen? Consider patient's preference. // Geriatrics;Jun94, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p61
Presents an abstract of the study `Relative value of transdermal and oral estrogen therapy in various clinical situations,' by E.G. Lufkin and S.J. Ory published in the `Mayo Clinic Proceedings.' Factors that should be considered in administering oral or transdermal estrogen replacement...
- Use of percent free PSA in the detection of prostate cancer. Sadovsky, Richard // American Family Physician;10/1/1997, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p1450
Focuses on the study on the use of prostate-specific antigen (PSA) in the detection of prostate cancer, which appeared in the 1997 issue of `Mayo Clinic Proceedings,' by A.R. Vashi and J.E. Oesterling. Discovery of prostate-specific antigen (PSA); Effects of organ-specific nature of PSA;...
- Clinical characteristics of orthostatic hypotension. // American Family Physician;12/1/1995, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p2370
Reports on a study on the clinical characteristics of orthostatic hypotension in patients in the United States, as presented in the July 1995 issue of `Mayo Clinic Proceedings.' Presence of other symptoms of cerebral hypoperfusion in half of all patients with orthostatic hypotension.
- Nicotine nasal spray irritates at first, but it does help smokers quit. // Modern Medicine;May98, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p10
Presents an abstract of the article `Nicotine Nasal Spray for Smoking Cessation: Pattern of Use, Side Effects, Relief of Withdrawal Symptoms, and Cotinine Levels,' by Hurt RD, Dale LC, Crogham GA, et al from `Mayo Clinic Proceedings' dated February 1998.
- Relationship of psychosocial factors and cancer survival. Sadovsky, Richard // American Family Physician;5/15/1997, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p2512
Presents a summary of the article `Attitude and Disposition: Do They Make a Difference in Cancer Survival?,' by ET Creagan from the `Mayo Clinic Proceedings' 1997. Exploration of the relationships between attitude, disposition and cancer survival; Conclusion.
- Hyperlipidemia in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes. Nuovo, Jim // American Family Physician;3/15/1999, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p1666
Presents an abstract of the study `Hyperlipidemia and diabetes mellitus,' by T. O'Brien, et al., from the `Mayo Clinic Proceedings' dated October 1998.