Acute Pericaritis: Appendicitis of the Heart?
- Frequency and Preictors of Urgent Coronary Angiography in Patients With Acute Pericarditis. Salisbury, Adam C.; Olalla-Gómez, Cristina; Rihal, Charanjit S.; Bell, Malcolm R.; Ting, Henry H.; Casaclang-Verzosa, Grace; Jae K. Oh // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Jan2009, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p11
OBJECTIVES: To determine the frequency of urgent coronary angiography In patients with acute pericarditis and to examine clinical characteristics associated with coronary angiography. PATIENTS AND METHODS: This is a retrospective analysis of all incident cases of acute viral or Idiopathic...
- Incidence of myocardial infarction in young adults. Shah, N.; Lee, V.; Soon, K. // Heart, Lung & Circulation;2015 Supplement 3, Vol. 24, pS151
No abstract available.
- Electrocardiographic and coronary angiographic correlation of coronary artery involvement in cases of acute myocardial. KANDUKURI, RASHMI; TANKHIWALE, N. S. // Australasian Medical Journal;Apr2013, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p230
Introduction Myocardial infarction (MI) is a major public health problem with significant mortality, morbidity, and healthcare costs. Electrocardiogram (ECG) is mainstay in the evaluation of MI: it can rule in or rule out MI as well can help physicians make intelligent guess about the culprit...
- Acute pericarditis: A diagnostic challenge. Marinella, Mark; Shabetai, Ralph // Patient Care;2/28/1999, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p132
Provides information pertaining to the diagnosis of acute pericarditis. Difference between myocardial infarction and pericarditis; Potential causes of acute pericarditis; Risk factors; Test for diagnostic confirmation; Pain in acute pericarditis versus acute ischema; Complications.
- Geographic Variation in Health Care Utilization and Outcomes in Veterans with Acute Myocardial Infarction. Subramanian, Usha; Weinberger, Morris; Eckert, George J.; L'Italien, Gilbert J.; Lapuerta, Pablo; Tierney, William // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Aug2002, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p604
OBJECTIVES: To examine regional variation in health care utilization and outcomes during acute and chronic care of veterans following acute myocardial infarction (AMI), identifying potentially modifiable variables and processes of care that influence patient outcomes. METHODS: Using national VA...
- LETTERS. Short, Alastair; West, Barbara; Guly, H.R.; Stevenson, James; JoLobe, O.M.P.; Milliet, N.; Hayoz, K.; Herrera, E.; Diem, C.; Sadry, F.; Phillips, V.; McLaughlan, Christopher A.J.; Brewster, David; Davies, Melanie; Day, John; Gauntlett, Rupert; Bailey, Mark; Elder, A.G. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/30/94, Vol. 308 Issue 6937, p1159
Reports developments in health services in Great Britain. Guidelines for early management of myocardial infarction; Training in the basic life support for the families of patients with heart; Need for change in the management of myocardial infarction.
- Prognosis and politics. Godlee, Fiona // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/23/2008, Vol. 336 Issue 7641, preceding p397
The article discusses different reports which are published within the issue including one on the treatment of myocardial infarction by Christian Juhl Terkelsen and Jens Flensted Lassen and another by Allyson Pollock and Sylvia Godden on medical care.
- Women more likely than men to die in hospital from STEMI. Kalvaitis, Katie // Endocrine Today;1/10/2009, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses a study which compared care processes between men and women with acute myocardial infarction.
- PERSPECTIVE:. Merz, C. Noel Bairey // Endocrine Today;1/10/2009, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p10
The article presents an opinion on a study which compared care processes between men and women with acute myocardial infarction.